Photo
- - - - -

Civil Marriage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#13 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Thats how my wife and I got married. But we had to hurry because I met her when I was stationed overseas, and she came over on a fiance visa. Had 90 days to get married and she didn't know anyone here anyway. We did get re married in a church later on. I do think she regrets not being able to get married in a church with all her family around, but it was what it was.

It wasn't a big deal to me one way or the other.

#14 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Just go to the magistrates office.

Anyhow, you could fly out to somewhere (Jamaica or something) and get married out there. It will actually save you quite a bit of money.

#15 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

Has anybody on here ditched a traditional wedding and got married by a judge, justice of the peace, or other type of officiant?

I'm considering having a judge/justice of the peace marry us and save my money for a big honeymoon. Me and my fiance have discussed it, and she is totally on board with it. She is divorced and said her first wedding (which was a big wedding) was the longest, most stressful day of her life and doesn't want to go through it again. I could care less about a damn wedding. I'm good with doing a courthouse wedding and saving our money to go on a big honeymoon and having a big party thereafter.

What are your thoughts on civil marriage?

That's what MamaSan and I did. She didn't want a big ceremony and we went to Laughlin, NV. Got married on a cruise boat and partied with our close friends and family there.

#16 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

My first wedding was by a Notary public at her own house. We were teens and didn't have much money.

#17 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

HUDDLER

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

Well, we decided to do just that. We're getting married in the Swain County Courthouse on our vacation to Cherokee in June with our parents present.

#18 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

congrats dude. have fun.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

My first marriage was very uncivil. :)

#20 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

HUDDLER

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

Has anybody on here ditched a traditional wedding and got married by a judge, justice of the peace, or other type of officiant?

I'm considering having a judge/justice of the peace marry us and save my money for a big honeymoon. Me and my fiance have discussed it, and she is totally on board with it. She is divorced and said her first wedding (which was a big wedding) was the longest, most stressful day of her life and doesn't want to go through it again. I could care less about a damn wedding. I'm good with doing a courthouse wedding and saving our money to go on a big honeymoon and having a big party thereafter.

What are your thoughts on civil marriage?

My brother is an Air Force officer so he got married by a judge so he could get his fiance benefits and a little extra pay. But they also had a traditional ceremony which was beautiful and IMO totally worth it. Due to the nature of his job they haven't had a honeymoon yet but they are working on that.