CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,953 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for illustrating my point, guys :rolleyes:

FYI: The whole "if we don't draft a quarterback this year, we'll never be good" argument is stupid.

You roll your eyes back one more time, they might come out your ass.

#77 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

FYI: The whole "if we don't draft a quarterback this year, we'll never be good" argument is stupid.

By the same token, the "if we sign Billy Volek, we will be fine" argument is even stupider.

#78 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

I am pretty sure that is false. We had two times the talent St. Louis did, yet they added Sam Bradford and were one win away from making the playoff's. Try again........................................:rolleyes:

#79 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

By the same token, the "if we sign Billy Volek, we will be fine" argument is even stupider.

No one has suggested Volek as a franchise QB, only as a stopgap.

And yes, I can live with a stopgap this year, if that's the best option.

#80 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

:rofl:

To Mr. Scot, not sucking ass is going 8-8 and missing the playoffs for a few years.

See his reply above.... LOL

#81 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

No one has suggested Volek as a franchise QB, only as a stopgap.

And yes, I can live with a stopgap this year, if that's the best option.

That doesn't promise us Andrew Luck, you realize that right?

#82 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

That doesn't promise us Andrew Luck, you realize that right?

Never said it did.

But do I think it gives us better options in the draft than are available this year? Yes I do.

:rofl:

To Mr. Scot, not sucking ass is going 8-8 and missing the playoffs for a few years.

See his reply above.... LOL

But if we draft Newton, were in the playoffs this season and every season after, right? :rolleyes:

Some of you guys should look back at 2002 and 2003.

#83 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

But if we draft Newton, were in the playoffs this season and every season after, right? :rolleyes:

Ahh... yes... now we get to deal in absolutes.

NOTHING is guaranteed by drafting ANY player, even your precious Andrew Luck.

HOWEVER, drafting Newton has a GREATER POSSIBILITY of making playoffs in 2 years or less than bringing a "stop gap" Volek or some other bench warming tool.

#84 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

Never said it did.

But do I think it gives us better options in the draft than are available this year? Yes I do.

The only QB better than Newton in next years class would be Luck and possibly Weeden.

#85 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

When will you idiots get over Luck. He does NOT want to play here. Do you think if Harbaugh had the first pick he would still be at Stanford.:rolleyes:Let it go. You guys are desperate as hell. Like stalking the pretty gitl that never liked you. What if Luck gets injured or is not the next "Peyton Manning"sheesh. Do I have to be the one to rain on the damn parade?

He's not damn perfect-Negatives: There aren’t a lot of things wrong with Luck’s game, but there are some things that I noticed and had problems with when watching him. First, he doesn’t have the best pocket poise. Especially off of play action he tends to panic and start to scramble if his first or second read isn’t there, and he will throw off balance a lot in these situations. Whether it is off of his back foot or while he is scrambling (even across his body occasionally) he will throw passes without setting his feet which I don’t like to see. He needs to work on his pocket presence if possible. I don’t know if he has a problem feeling the pressure, but he just needs to learn to step up into the pocket and buy time by side-stepping the rush at times instead of pulling the ball down to scramble. He also needs to be coached to not throw off of his back foot as often as he does. He also doesn’t have very good arm strength. He has great zip on passes to about 20-25 yards, but when he tries to throw a deep ball he will often be encountered with underthrown passes that have a lot of air under them. That is something he needs to work on.

#86 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Half of the hate on this board toward Cam isn't because people hate Newton. It is because they hate that he isn't Andrew Luck.

#87 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

Half of the hate on this board toward Cam isn't because people hate Newton. It is because they hate that he isn't Andrew Luck.

There's no such thing as a franchise QB if his name ain't Luck, that's what I hear anyways:thumbsup:

Oh yeah and if you hear anything good about Newton, teeray, ignore it it's not true, only the fakeness is true

#88 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

Not in this draft, there isn't.

Some drafts don't have a true franchise QB in them. I'd say this is one of them.

Every draft has one guy who's the best choice of the bunch, but that doesn't make him a franchise quarterback.

Teams that drafted Heath Shuler, David Carr and many others got what was believed to be the best QB available in their draft. Only problem is they weren't really that good.

I have a feeling that same scenario happens this year.

(but hopefully, to someone other than us)

Edited by Mr Scot, 01 April 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#89 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Some drafts don't have a true franchise QB in them. I'd say this is one of them.

Every draft has one guy who's the best choice of the bunch, but that doesn't make him a franchise quarterback.

So Mr. Scot, provide me your opinion on why Cam Newton is not a franchise QB. Suprise me sir, your going to have to since I am an Auburn fan which in turn makes my knowledge of Newton greater than most. (There was not one Auburn game that I missed this year and there was not one time where I questioned Newton's ability to become a franchise QB, on top of that you are going to have to provide me a better example then the fact that he is a run first QB because that is slight truth at best on top of that the NFL is most certainly making a shift to a Cam Newton type of QB with guys like The Golden Calf of Bristol, Michael Vick, Ben Rothlisberger, and Cam Newton all seeing playing time next year.)

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 01 April 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#90 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Luck is the only one that matters in the world, what the hell are you talking?:nono:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com