Photo
- - - - -

Tony Softli on Cam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#85 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

What exactly would an anonymous source have to gain from saying something bad about him?

The people who are critical of Newton are doing research too. In fact, Lance Zeirlein confirmed via an NFL team that one of the knocks on him came from someone at Auburn.

For a little more insight, look here: Is Newton being treated fairly?

An anonymous source would have little to gain or lose by saying something negative or postive.
Because of this It's relativley reasonable to assume they simply told there honest opinion. Could these opinons be wrong? They could be.

Could all these mutiple sources from mutilple locations be lying? Sure, but I think that's doubtful.

I don't doubt the legitmacy of the research of other reputable professinals. Obviously Newton is causing mutiple people to view him in mutiple lights for whatever reason.
I myself have already stated my personal prefrence for us not to draft Newton.
Although that's not based who he is as a person.

All this argument has been about is me finding no reason to not take Sofli's paragraph seriously, seeinga s he's not giving his opinion but simply relaying the opinion of others who have had direct contact with the subject.

Edited by MaineManPanther, 04 April 2011 - 02:16 AM.

#86 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

An anonymous source would have little to gain or lose by saying something negative or postive.
Because of this It's relativley reasonable to assume they simply told there honest opinion. Could these opinons be wrong? They could be.

Could all these mutiple sources from mutilple locations be lying? Sure, but I think that's doubtful.

I don't doubt the legitmacy of the research of other reputable professinals. Obviously Newton is causing mutiple people to view him in mutiple lights for whatever reason.
I myself have already stated my personal prefrence for us not to draft Newton.
Although that's not based who he is as a person.

All this argument has been about is me finding no reason to not take Sofli's paragraph seriously, seeinga s he's not giving his opinion but simply relaying the opinion of others who have had direct contact with the subject.

We'd have to disagree on Softli then. he's just not someone I take that seriously, even if he agrees with my opinion (blind squirrel...stopped clock...etc).

It's well known that I don't want any QB in this draft. Newton just happens to be the one that gets the most talk.

#87 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

We'd have to disagree on Softli then. he's just not someone I take that seriously, even if he agrees with my opinion (blind squirrel...stopped clock...etc).

It's well known that I don't want any QB in this draft. Newton just happens to be the one that gets the most talk.

Fair enough.

Edited by MaineManPanther, 04 April 2011 - 02:47 AM.