4 replies to this topic

#1 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

So perusing ESPN, there have been several possible trades thrown out involving Bobcats players.

1) Trail Blazers send Raef LaFrentz, Sergio Rodriguez and Nicolas Batum to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace and Sean May

2) Felton to Miami who is supposedly offering Cook

Personally, I don't like either trade. Yes, the Portland trade would give us some young talent and much needed cap space but unless Portland includes Rudy Fernandez or some first round picks, I don't see the bobcats making that trade. The Miami trade makes no sense at all because Cook brings nothing to the team except shooting ability. Unless Felton has told ownership that he absolutely won't resign after this season we shouldn't be trading him.

#2 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,896 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

Stick with your guns Bobcats. When healthy, they have proven to be well above a .500 team with plenty of room for improvement. Yes, there is a better than 50/50 chance that Felton will be lost this summer but he is the only player of significance in that category and the cap spaced saved with him May gone will give us another 8-9 million for draft picks and free agents and I think we can find a sutable replacements with that much room.

#3 plewis

plewis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

I do not foresee any big trades coming before the deadline from us. We've done well so far... the only thing I think could happen would be a small trade similiar to the Diop one where we get rid of May.

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

So perusing ESPN, there have been several possible trades thrown out involving Bobcats players.

1) Trail Blazers send Raef LaFrentz, Sergio Rodriguez and Nicolas Batum to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace and Sean May

2) Felton to Miami who is supposedly offering Cook

Personally, I don't like either trade. Yes, the Portland trade would give us some young talent and much needed cap space but unless Portland includes Rudy Fernandez or some first round picks, I don't see the bobcats making that trade. The Miami trade makes no sense at all because Cook brings nothing to the team except shooting ability. Unless Felton has told ownership that he absolutely won't resign after this season we shouldn't be trading him.

Now those are some stupid trades.
The only way we should even consider the first one is if they send a first round with it and that would still be a bad trade for us. IMO
The cook trade is just retarded.

#5 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

I would be shocked if they made another move. I would be crushed if they traded Wallace, especially for guys who I really haven't seen play much this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users