Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which QB would you compare Cam Newton to?

90 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

But hey, at least the Raiders ALMOST did it with the guy I compared Cam to.

Posted · Report post

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I have the same feeling about Cam that I had about Vince Young coming out of Texas...great talent, awesome college player, but so-so pro.

IF the Panthers pick him, I hope he proves me wrong! PLEASE, prove me wrong, Newt!

Posted · Report post

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I have the same feeling about Cam that I had about Vince Young coming out of Texas...great talent, awesome college player, but so-so pro.

IF the Panthers pick him, I hope he proves me wrong! PLEASE, prove me wrong, Newt!

Thing that sets Cam apart from Young coming out of College is that Cam is already a much better passer then Young was.

Posted · Report post

A mixture of different guys. i think he has Freeman's arm and size, but he has a little less speed than Young. i dont think his running is going to be as good as some want or think which means he will have to use that arm of his more.

Posted · Report post

People talk about Vince Young as a bust. Vince Young would have been one of the most successful young QB's in the league if he had his head screwed on straight.

VY's QB rating last year was like 103. If he wasn't a headcase, a lot of teams would be looking for the next Vince Young.

Posted · Report post

"Steamin" Willie Beamen

You can't defend this, you're dreamin'. LOL Delhomme would be Quaid. haha