185 replies to this topic

#1 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

http://profootballta...defer-decision/

Carolina’s decision will come down to Green, Patrick Peterson, and Marcell Dareus.

Newton looks like the favorite to go No. 1; the larger question is whether the Panthers will be the team to take him.

Edited by eViL jEsTeR, 06 April 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#2 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

speculation
or
smokescreen
or
racism
or
racial bias

take your pick, one of the three!
edit: there we are, all set

#3 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,233 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

Smokescreen:smilewinkgrin:

#4 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

speculation
or
smokescreen
or
racism

take your pick, one of the three!

all three of the other possible selections listed are black, how can it be racism?

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

race screen

#6 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

oh, excuse me, I forgot one. see edited post. =)

#7 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

to those who want Cam = smokescreen/not true/omg no!
to those who don't care = meh
to those who don't want Cam = lol truf!

#8 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

something about this has been posted once....i think the panthers realize that there are a lot of good players at one and its just about picking which on will make the biggest impact.

#9 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:02 AM

Smokescreen:smilewinkgrin:

what would be the purpose of saying we don't want him, if we're really going to pick him? what purpose would a "smokescreen" serve? i see a lot of people saying smokescreen but it would only be a smokescreen if we said we wanted him, in an attempt to get someone to trade up and take him instead. if we're saying we're not as interested as everyone thinks, that wouldn't be a smokescreen. we have the #1 pick. nobody can hurt us because nobody picks ahead of us so there is no reason whatsoever to do a smokescreen and pretend we like someone we don't. it only works on the opposite so no, it's not a smokescreen. wanting to trade down for a 2nd rounder isn't smoke screen.

are we going to say, "HAHA, we made you think we didn't want Cam Newton but we picked him anyway! Fooled you!!!"

what would that accomplish?

I think some of you just like posting "Smokescreen" in every thread possible. :beatdeadhorse5:

#10 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,141 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

Ismt this a recap of the CBS story and the Narwocki story thay bith has their own threads???

#11 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,141 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

what would be the purpose of saying we don't want him, if we're really going to pick him? what purpose would a "smokescreen" serve? i see a lot of people saying smokescreen but it would only be a smokescreen if we said we wanted him, in an attempt to get someone to trade up and take him instead. if we're saying we're not as interested as everyone thinks, that wouldn't be a smokescreen. we have the #1 pick. nobody can hurt us because nobody picks ahead of us so there is no reason whatsoever to do a smokescreen and pretend we like someone we don't. it only works on the opposite so no, it's not a smokescreen. wanting to trade down for a 2nd rounder isn't smoke screen.

are we going to say, "HAHA, we made you think we didn't want Cam Newton but we picked him anyway! Fooled you!!!"

I think some of you just like posting "Smokescreen" in every thread possible. :beatdeadhorse5:

It is a reverse smokescreen. Duh.

#12 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

Newton news reports are so inconsistent its crazy :lol: I still would be very surprised if he wasn't our pick at this point. Either they jump on the norm what everyone else is reporting, if he's being talked up or trying to be different and hoping something sticks come April 28th who knows...

#13 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,233 posts

yeah, it is a smokescreen of epic proportion!

#14 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

At this point, they can draft Snowflake the Dolphin as long as he gives us a chance to win. No seriously, I just can't wait to get this draft over with. I am tired of the speculation. Whoever we pick, I just hope it is the right choice and that we can move on with gearing up for the season (if there is one).

#15 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

http://www.carolinah...rds-newton.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.