#77 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

lol

this thread sure turned into something special

Every time we try to turn it toward boobies, Rodeo steers it away. Go figure.

#78 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

http://projects.wash...e/vote-missers/

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)

• Representing: Arizona
  • Votes: 420 votes missed (63.9%)

As I said, Hogwash. You should consider reading your own link. Thats for one session of congress.

For his entire time in the Senate, Mccain has an attendance record of 88%. That includes 2 presidential elections where attendance is going to be understandably lower. Prior to 2000, Mccain's attendance was around 94%.

By contrast, Obama for his entire Senate career made it 76% of the time. Ted Kennedy, since 1989, with no runs for president attended 94% of the time. Al Gore, another Senator who ran for president a couple of times, only attended 87% of the time.

So basically, if a Senator runs for president, he misses some votes.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 18 February 2009 - 07:13 PM.

#79 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

As I said, Hogwash. You should consider reading your own link. Thats for one session of congress.

For his entire time in the Senate, Mccain has an attendance record of 88%. That includes 2 presidential elections where attendance is going to be understandably lower. Prior to 2000, Mccain's attendance was around 94%.

By contrast, Obama for his entire Senate career made it 76% of the time. Ted Kennedy, since 1989, with no runs for president attended 94% of the time. Al Gore, another Senator who ran for president a couple of times, only attended 87% of the time.

So basically, if a Senator runs for president, he misses some votes.

so it's "understandable" that mccain shows up a third of the time when he's campaigning, but fair to compare his overall attendance to obama, who campaigned for a higher % of his overall career? seems like you're making excuses for mccain that you won't make for the dem. (or more specifically than "you," the person who brought up obama's attendance record in the first place).

mccain missed more votes than the guy who had heart surgery for petes sake.

#80 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

so it's "understandable" that mccain shows up a third of the time when he's campaigning, but fair to compare his overall attendance to obama, who campaigned for a higher % of his overall career? seems like you're making excuses for mccain that you won't make for the dem. (or more specifically than "you," the person who brought up obama's attendance record in the first place).

mccain missed more votes than the guy who had heart surgery for petes sake.

Except that I wasn't criticising Obama's attendance record. I completely understand that he, Mccain, and Clinton were not going to be attending as much while they were campaigning. You were the one who brought up attendance records to begin with. I merely proved that you were wrong about Mccain having the worse attendance record of any Senator.

I will admit that Mccain had a worse attendance record (by a handful of missed votes) than Obama did while they were running for president. It means nothing to me, but oh well.

#81 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

You were the one who brought up attendance records to begin with.

nope. PL brought it up when she implied obama didn't show up to vote. bringing up that mccain had a worse attendance record is more than valid.

#82 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

nope. PL brought it up when she implied obama didn't show up to vote. bringing up that mccain had a worse attendance record is more than valid.

Ok, sorry didn't see that.

You were still wrong. ;)

#83 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,030 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

I would have thought that since McCain was voting with Bush all the time, you would have supported him staying away as much as possible ... that would be a plus to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.