Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hmsmike

HEATED DEBATE: ROCKBAND 2 or GH:WORLD TOUR??

8 posts in this topic

What say you huddlites?!

I am thinking about buying one or the other for my Xbox 360, but can't decide which.

I currently have Rockband 1 on the Wii that we picked up cheap for my son because I had no clue both me & the wife (and the neighbors) would love playing it as much as we do. So decided to get a newer edition for the xbox but I can't decide!!

Personally I am leaning toward Guitar Hero because of the playlist & the cymbals on the drum kit. Is there a freestyle mode for the drums??

Anyways feel free to weigh in -- and any insight is appreciated!

:grouphug: :D

UPDATE: Doing my research during my lunch here and here are my thoughts so far.

Now leaning toward RB2 because I hear the instruments are junk in Guitar Hero & you can get a cymbal pack add on from Mad Catz! :thumbsup:

Also the song list ain't bad for RB2 either!!

JBro - What your experience with the instruments with GH??

I think the opposite, the instruments on GH are 10x better then rockband imo.

Well I bought RB with the cymbal expansion pack!

Haven't played it yet -- just got done unboxing. Compared to the original game, I am already impressed with the instruments!! The kick Pedal was a huge upgrade and the drum pads are a lot quieter than its predecessor.

Looking forward to playing especially coming from playing on the Wii!

Oh BTW -- the reason I decided to go with RB was because I can use these instruments with GHWT, so it's like a win-win, IMO.

Also my game experience is with RB already!!

Thanks Jbro for your opinion, I just wished more would have answered!!

rockband2 ftw

if you play on 360 add me

SvNs MURQQ

i play expert drums..i have the ion drum kit :)

I definitely prefer RB (even though I play both) for my fake drummin. Here's why...

1. I find GH:WT's interface to be harder to read. The kick pedal notes are indicated in purple on a dark background. When the action heats up, I find myself struggling to recognize the pattern of the bass notes.

2. I hate the way you deploy star power on drums...I inevitably lose my note streak trying to hit both cymbals while in the middle of a song.

3. The difficulty doesn't seem right to me on drums either. Hard is too easy but on expert, you fail out very quickly whereas RB gives you more of a chance to get back on track.

4. The simple fact that RB has many more songs (of varying quality) available to download allows for a much more diverse experience as well.

Also, I hate GH's singing interface as well. I sing fairly often in RB and hated it so much in GH, that I haven't sung in that game since the first time I tried it.

It's not really a heated debate anymore. People pretty much stopped defending the GH series when World Tour came out. It's a shame, but the game sucked :(

Oh well, that's what Activision does.. take a great idea and just keep making the same game until people refuse to buy it anymore.. cough*Tony Hawk*cough

• Topics

• You miss the point. Taylor was here before. We picked him because of what he could do for our wide receivers not because he had some great knowledge no other person had on the staff. Shula and Rivera and Gettleman studied multiple college systems for months before signing Taylor or drafting McCaffrey or Curtis and would have drafted the same whether Taylor was here or not. They liked the way Taylor developed McCaffrey which showed his talent but Stanford's offense wasn't Taylors idea or unique to him. Shula has a connection to Taylor as early as when Shula was at Alabama.  The debate was whether Taylor was chosen to replace Shula because Shula didn't know what to do to run a college offense and if he screwed up Taylor would replace him. And that Taylor was the reason and most influential in getting McCaffrey. I said it wasn't even close to the truth and this plan predated Taylor and was more thorough and we'll thought out. Everything since then just confirms I was right once again like usual.  
    • Assholes should've never taken it away in the first place.  Me and a couple buddies had a hookup and were all hyped up and planned out going to it... then the NBA had to get all political and take it out on the city of Charlotte and the fans -- which made no fuging sense.  Seriously doubt we'll even get the chance to go again.
    • 6'6" 255.  He'll definitely have some good mentors with JP, CJ and the rest of the D-Line crew. 255 he'll need to put some weight on don't you think?