273 replies to this topic

#91 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Don't want him. I'd much rather let Jimmy try again with Chud and a TE out there. I don't think any rookie, even Bradford, could have succeeded with us last year.

Would you feel the same if Luck were available?

#92 malik

malik

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

1. No capitalization
2. Uses sentence fragments
3. Uses word fragments
4. Void of end punctuation
5. Using Jesus Christ as an explicative to accentuate an unfounded slur about race
6. unneeded profanity
7. compares a mental state (dumb) to a place (hell)- ingorant use of simile
8. void of needed apostrophe

Not many people could accomplish this in a seventeen-word statement about others' ignorance. Well played.

Id like to see you correct my grammar when im breaking your frail neck you hick Posted Image

#93 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

MHS831 your right on the money there, calling people racist because they don't think Cam is the awnser is pathetic. And threat's, funny!

#94 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,669 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

Pickle Huggers SUCK!!!

#95 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

we've been debating the whole cam issue for a while now, haven't we Teeray? you understand that I am on the skeptics side of the cam newton debate, right?

I would rather we draft Cam than sit through another year of Jimmy behind center. I may have my doubts about Cam, but I absolutely DESPISE Jimmy Clausen.

#96 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

No. Then again, Luck and Cam are absolutely nothing alike...

#97 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

You are correct, Cam has a deep passion for football, Luck has a deep passion for architecture.

#98 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

You are correct. Cam outscored Oregon.

#99 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

Both have the ability to be franchise QBs. Maybe Luck is a bit safer but should we wait until we have a chance to draft a QB as safe as Andrew Luck before we address the position? Do you think that we will still be picking in the top 5 picks where QBs like Andrew Luck get taken off the board the next couple of years?? I know Rivera hopes not.

Do we wait until a later round to get a QB where there is a success rate of about 5%??

Do we get a QB that may have even less gifts with similar risks ask Cam if we are picking #15 in a later draft?

I know where you are coming from and a lot of smart people agree with you, but I don't; we have a chance to get a big time franchise QB and it is an opportunity that may not come up again for a while. Or if it does, it may have an even higher risk with much less reward from it.

Edited by teeray, 09 April 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#100 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

You are correct, Cam has a deep passion for football, Luck has a deep passion for architecture.

I like this guy... :cheers2:

#101 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

Both have the ability to be franchise QBs. Maybe Luck is a bit safer but should we wait until we have a chance to draft a QB as safe as Andrew Luck before we address the position? Do you think that we will still be picking in the top 5 picks where QBs like Andrew Luck get taken off the board the next couple of years?? I know Rivera hopes not.

Do we wait until a later round to get a QB where there is a success rate of about 5%??

Do we get a QB that may have even less gifts with similar risks ask Cam if we are picking #15 in a later draft?

I know where you are coming from and a lot of smart people agree with you, but I don't; we have a chance to get a big time franchise QB and it is an opportunity that may not come up again for a while. Or if it does, it may have an even higher risk with much less reward from it.

preach!!!

#102 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

*Lots of stuff*

Well, we could just ignore those options you mentioned and do what I suggested with Clausen instead. One of three things would happen:

1) He plays really well and is now our franchise QB.
2) He doesn't play well and we get stuck with a top 5-10 pick (Luck or Barkley or Jones or whoever) who will then be our franchise QB.
3) He plays like an average QB and we stick with him since he is showing lots of improvement.

Whether Rivera hopes we aren't up there again doesn't matter because I really doubt we are going to be competitive next year anyway... unless Clausen is awesome or we take Cam and he actually *is* the greatest thing since sex and becomes the MVP with Brady's passing ability and Vick's mobility like everyone here thinks he will and we win Super Bowls for the next 15 years.

However, since he is indeed a high risk/high reward player, if we draft him and he busts, we are probably going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL for the next 5-6 years. I don't think I could say that about any other pick besides Gabbert, who I also don't want. I am on the "take the safest pick" side. Taking a QB that was pretty much in an offense completely opposite of what Chud does kind of scares me.

In any case, neither of us is going to persuade the other to think differently so how about we just agree to disagree? :)

#103 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

In any case, neither of us is going to persuade the other to think differently so how about we just agree to disagree? :)

That isn't the way it works here. We like to beat dead horses into the ground to the point that we stop using logical arguments and just start calling people racists haters or stupid blind nut huggers.

Your new here but work on it??

BTW if Luck and Barkley are really that good. They won't be there at 5-10.

No one thinks Clausen is a franchise QB. Most people now believe that his ceiling is Jake Delhomme.

Plsu who says Jimmy Clausen will beat out Matt Moore if the RFA'a hold and Matt Moore is on out roster next year??

#104 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

That isn't the way it works here. We like to beat dead horses into the ground to the point that we stop using logical arguments and just start calling people racists haters or stupid blind nut huggers.

Your new here but work on it??

BTW if Luck and Barkley are really that good. They won't be there at 5-10.

No one thinks Clausen is a franchise QB. Most people now believe that his ceiling is Jake Delhomme.

Plsu who says Jimmy Clausen will beat out Matt Moore if the RFA'a hold and Matt Moore is on out roster next year??

there is no way clausen could beat moore out in a fair competition

#105 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

Few points to make. If the coach ask you to run 20 times a game because your good at it,what are you going to say no?

no, no, no. you mis-understand me, i am not blaming him for the running 20 times, but i do think that's an issue, coming from that offense will make it a tougher for him. it's the coaches fault for having this offense. i dont care if you are a great runner, you dont run 20 times in a game (if you are the QB), it's too risky and can result in injuries

As far as the vick thing goes,i don't call making it to the playoffs the majority of the time a bad thing. If defenses figured out how to be him,he wouldn't have been in the nfc championship.

he made it his rookie year, then he got hurt. i call that bad. Lucky the Eagles have helped him and now he's not running after his first read and defenses DID learn to beat him (when he was in Atlanta), his first years, great, but watch the last years in Atlanta, that's when Vick was figured out, then he came back to the Eagles, learned from McNabb and now he's better and it shows.

The Golden Calf of Bristol did sit behind a superior passer all season. but he did see action in a few early games i feel newton can come in and do some of the same things early.

i feel he will NOT be able to do those things early. i think he will run to soon which will result in very short gains or sacks, make bad reads and not be ready to start, like Clausen was last year. NOW, if Newton is treated like The Golden Calf of Bristol was, THEN i see him being good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com