Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overrated games

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Gears of War, Mass Effect, Madden, Most sequels, Red Dead, Rock Band/Guitar hero, Lost Planet, Bioshock, MW2, Halo 3 (great game but hyped), Assassin's Creed, Batman Asylum, Left 4 Dead, Halo ODST

Anyone who says Red Dead Redemption should really take a long look at themselves in a mirror and then try to help others understand what in the world they could want in a video game? Not to mention saying Gears Of War, Mass Effect and Bioshock were Overrated. Sounds to me like you don't like anything but sports games and if that's the case should stick to reviewing them.

I think you are the only person on this entire planet to believe that Gears Of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption are all equally overrated.

Posted

Gears of War, Mass Effect, Madden, Most sequels, Red Dead, Rock Band/Guitar hero, Lost Planet, Bioshock, MW2, Halo 3 (great game but hyped), Assassin's Creed, Batman Asylum, Left 4 Dead, Halo ODST

You are now officially dead to me.... (jus kiddin)

I have to agree though on Mass Effect. I've played it through now to where I have the starship under my command, and I'm going to have to force myself to keep going. The first part was very "meh" with a shitload of running around and talking... zzzzzzzz....

GoW, can't wait for 3. AC - loved it. Batman has been kinda fun so far, and Bioshock was incredibly creepy cool. Lost Planet stunk, L4D got old very, very quick, Halo will always be awesome in campaign, and have never tried Red Dead. As a guitar player, any of the rock band games is an affront.. glad that poo is dead now.

Posted

Quake III.

...gtfo

Best, most pure skill based shooter you could ask for

Posted

All Halo games.

Posted

Fifa 10 and 11 are definitely NOT overrated

1 person likes this

Posted

Madden. Why do I have to re-learn new controls every year? That's the reason I don't buy it anymore.

Posted

I'll add Bioshock. The story didn't really do much for me.

Posted

Madden. Why do I have to re-learn new controls every year? That's the reason I don't buy it anymore.

Exactly! I want my motha fuggin turbo button damnit!

Posted

Anyone who says Red Dead Redemption should really take a long look at themselves in a mirror and then try to help others understand what in the world they could want in a video game? Not to mention saying Gears Of War, Mass Effect and Bioshock were Overrated. Sounds to me like you don't like anything but sports games and if that's the case should stick to reviewing them.

I think you are the only person on this entire planet to believe that Gears Of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption are all equally overrated.

The question was what games were over hyped, not which game syou liked and didn't like. I see a lot of people getting the question confused. Red dead was horrible and the other games show how easy it is to make money.

I am very picky and I don't like many games. The question as what games were over rated but the kind of games I like are not sports games at all, I hate sports games I like GTA, Oblivion, DA origins was OK, Battlefield, some CODs, Halo 3 (even though it was hyped), Civilization revolution, Fallout 3. Those are great games.

It's all about opinion obviously people hold Mass Effect, Read Dead and Gears in high regard, I just don't see it. There seems to be something lacking in each one, they are solid games but not quite great IMO. I hate linear games and lack of content, lack of innovation. Graphics and action scenes won't sell me.

Posted

One thing is for certain...GTA: San Andreas will never have competition.

Posted

One thing is for certain...GTA: San Andreas will never have competition.

GOAT unquestionable

Posted

What is the most overrated games you have ever played. I know this has the potential to turn in to a flame war, but honestly, what game failed to live up to all the hype? For me, it was Assassin's Creed. I played for about 5 hours, and found the game play to be insanely repetitive. The abnormally weird story line didn't help.

i agree. my friend wants to play AC for hours on end, all i needed was 5 minutes at the controls to never want to play it again.