Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stumpy

Dear Jerry Richardson, Peter Karmanos and Michael Jordan,

96 posts in this topic

Did you mean I have to look on the inside before I judge others?

That's a very nice thing Shaq did but he's still a duesch.

I've met Jordan plenty of times and I have friends that are regular buddies of his through some car dealerships and golf here in SoCal. I don't care how much money he donates to charity to avoid paying taxes, he's a POS. I know he's a local hero in NC but he's a very bad person and most people that have more than one encounter with him don't like him.

You really don't know what makes Jordan a POS?

What makes Jordan a POS is his attitude to always be the best at everything he does and his extremely competitive nature. It's why he has that gambling problem in the first place.

Yes, he comes across as a stuck-up, ungrateful, arrogant person (watch his HOF speech.) But without that attitude, he never would have become the greatest basketball player of all time. Kobe is the closest we have come to MJ since then because he has that same tenacity and arrogance, just not on MJ's level.

Does being uber-competitive really make you a "bad" person?

I would definitely put the Atlanta Braves and ECU Pirates football in front of NC State football in that original sports order

I'll give you the Braves, they do have a huge following in the region, but ECU Football? :smilielol5::rofl::out: You've got to be effing with me, right?

NC State has the most attendance of any school in the ACC, the largest traveling fanbase in the ACC and the third largest private alumni club in the nation. But yeah, the Butt Pirates are more popular :sosp:

What makes Jordan a POS is his attitude to always be the best at everything he does and his extremely competitive nature. It's why he has that gambling problem in the first place.

Yes, he comes across as a stuck-up, ungrateful, arrogant person (watch his HOF speech.) But without that attitude, he never would have become the greatest basketball player of all time. Kobe is the closest we have come to MJ since then because he has that same tenacity and arrogance, just not on MJ's level.

Does being uber-competitive really make you a "bad" person?

No, but maybe you have to be a bad person to be as "uber-competitive" as Jordan. Plain and simple, he's a jerk. Greatest basketball player ever. Maybe the greatest athlete ever. As a person, he's awful.

I wouldn't call Michael Jordan's gambling an addiction. The man has 1/2 billion dollars & owns a pro sports team. He might go to Vegas one weekend & lose $100k, so what, he's Air Jordan.

....you Kobe fanboys are just hatin'

Speaking of MLB, didn't we (in greensboro) almost get the Minnesota Twins when they were looking for a place. I don't feel like googling but I believe we had the chance to get them but the city voted against them. What is annoying, if true, is we put a lot of money into building a minor league team stadium down. (which is beautiful btw and where I occasionally spend my thursday nights at.

Lol at Kobe fans commenting on anyone's off the court character

NC State has the most attendance of any school in the ACC, the largest traveling fanbase in the ACC and the third largest private alumni club in the nation. But yeah, the Butt Pirates are more popular :sosp:

LOL

2010 ACC Attendance:

No. 16: Clemson (530,500)

No. 19: Florida State (498, 890)

No. 22: Virginia Tech (463,631)

No. 37: North Carolina (349,500)

No. 40: NC State (341,261)

No. 43: Virginia (318,212)

No. 45: Miami (315,452)

No. 55: Georgia Tech (278,696)

No. 59: Boston College (268,585)

No. 69: Maryland (235,007)

No. 73: Duke (201,248)

No. 76: Wake Forest (182,843)

Lol at Kobe fans commenting on anyone's off the court character

Nobody said Kobe was squeaky clean but he doesn't have near the issues Michael does

I've met Jordan plenty of times and I have friends that are regular buddies of his through some car dealerships and golf here in SoCal. I don't care how much money he donates to charity to avoid paying taxes, he's a POS. I know he's a local hero in NC but he's a very bad person and most people that have more than one encounter with him don't like him.

I've met Jordan a couple of times as well and know several people that have closer relationships with the guy then some dealership guys and golfers. These are from my basketball playing days. I have also talked to several reporters that have spent some time with him.

To call him a POS doesn't really jive with what I know about the guy.

I will say this you hear different sides of the spectrum about the guy. Some people have really strong feelings that he is an asshole the was TRD does and others feel very strongly he is a great guy.

But the people that I trust and know have spent more time with him than most think pretty highly of him as a person.

Plus if they are friends of yours TRD maybe they are as pleasant as you are as well and that is why Jordan is a d*ck toward them :D