Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Earnhardt

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys. I don't think we've ever discussed this here.

I really miss Dale. You would think after this many years the pain would go away. But I grew up with him and looked at him as a hero.

Am i the only one?

Surely some of you diehards feel the same way. He was the Man.

Posted

Tear up everytime i see the crash and hear DW say i hope he's ok

1 person likes this

Posted

Coldnt stand him. But with that said was happy to see him win the Dayton 500 and was watching when he crashed. Would have to say right before that point I was rooting for DEI to sweep and him come in 3rd. Just didnt happen though. :(

Posted

I'm with you Young. A damn shame....

Posted

there ya go

1 person likes this

Posted

Sure, I miss him. But people need to do like Dale Jr. said and just get over it already.

Posted

Dale made what NASCAR is today. It sucks his son cant fill those shoes :(

1 person likes this

Posted

Sure, I miss him. But people need to do like Dale Jr. said and just get over it already.

No.

People fail to realize just how special Earnhardt was, a true legend. 7x Cup Series Champion and the greatest NASCAR driver ever. You can just now start to see how loved and admired he truly was.

Do you think Dale Jr has won NASCAR's most popular driver award 10 years straight off his lack of accomplishments? By being a mediocre driver, 80+ race winless streaks, spanning 2.5 years? No, it's because of his last name; Earnhardt. The Intimidator is a legend, and his popularity lives on through his son.

1 person likes this

Posted

No.

People fail to realize just how special Earnhardt was, a true legend. 7x Cup Series Champion and the greatest NASCAR driver ever. You can just now start to see how loved and admired he truly was.

Do you think Dale Jr has won NASCAR's most popular driver award 10 years straight off his lack of accomplishments? By being a mediocre driver, 80+ race winless streaks, spanning 2.5 years? No, it's because of his last name; Earnhardt. The Intimidator is a legend, and his popularity lives on through his son.

I know how admired he was. When I went to Martinsville people went crazy and wanted autographs from an IMPERSONATOR. It's okay for people to miss him but good god, the dude has been dead for 10 years. People need to get on with life.

And 7x series champ is the record, until Jimmie Johnson breaks it.

Posted

My mom died when I was 14, perhaps I have a little different perspective, but I don't miss him at all.

He brought a lot of excitement to a sport that's lacking now, but personally I couldn't care less.

Posted

My Dad died when I was 14 so maybe that's why we feel different towards it. When one loses a parent it's kind of hard to give a poo about losing someone you've never even met. Yeah, you miss them but you get over it fast.