Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PC Advice needed, Please!

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I called Dell to build them for me just the PC and it was 931.00 for that.

With the Gateway that I have, I was told that it could only hold up to 1GB hard drive, so how does that external thing work? Is that really worth doing that or just getting a new computer?

Posted

see I told ya I needed help!

Posted

Get yourself a mac mini... since you already have the monitor you just need the cpu, they are great computers, you dont need software for virus or spyware... You cannot go wrong with a mac. They range from 550-800. My parents have the 600 dollars one and they use it for email and web searching, nothing else its serves their purpose..

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_mini?mco=MTE3MDI

Posted

I've heard great things about those mac minis.

Posted

my software that I use for my booking engine for work is not compatable with the Mac. That is what I really want, but can't. I work out of my home so this is a computer that will be used a lot.

Posted

Finally got one. Ended up going to BB and getting a Gateway that had a Quad core processor, and stuff that I have no clue about. Paid prob. too much but it is like night and day from my old one! THanks agian for all the advice!

Posted

if your pc is 8 years old and working, why change? Mine was delivered in 2002 and i still use it. works fine. what do you plan on using it for?

Posted

It works, just not fast enough for me. The processor is not that great. I work out of my home, I am a Travel Agent and I need my computer to be fast. I have to book in real time, my old computer would freeze up on my system.