suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Chris Mortenson on at 5.

If anyone is interested.

I'm leaving the office @ 4, so won't be able to synthesize any information. For anyone who doesn't live in the area, you can stream at WFNZ.com

#2 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

I thought it was Poncho?

#3 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

so it was apparently on at 4 ish to 4:15ish, cause I tuned in just now to him leaving.

They are considering all options based on the end commentary... they are considering trading down... no question he is considering Cam Newton... but they ARE concerned about him (I wish I'd heard what that means, grr)... Commentators think it could be a smoke screen that he was concerned about Newton (???)... Sounds like Rivera is prepared to make the pick but it's still up in the air...

I have no idea why they say what they did, because I missed the actual interview, just caught the commentary. SEE LAST POST FOR TRANSCRIBED TEXT

Edited by mav1234, 14 April 2011 - 08:20 PM.

#4 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

dam...just missed it!

hopefully they put a podcast up.

#5 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

The only thing of note that was said, in my opinion, is that they heaven't even narrowed it down beyond 8 players yet. So they do not know who they are going to pick.

He also made an interesting point about how teams don't wast time researching players that they don't think will be available to them. That explains Pickles.

#6 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

The only thing of note that was said, in my opinion, is that they heaven't even narrowed it down beyond 8 players yet. So they do not know who they are going to pick.

He also made an interesting point about how teams don't wast time researching players that they don't think will be available to them. That explains Pickles.

What did he say based on Cam Newton?

#7 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

i don't buy it at all...the draft is 2 weeks away...no way they haven't at least gotten it to 3-4 players...i think they know who they wanna take...just won't say anything to keep teams guessing

#8 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

what 8 players says is they are seriously trying to trade down, IMO. As Hurney said, they have an idea of a draft order in their head but they're keeping everything open.

#9 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image

#10 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

what 8 players says is they are seriously trying to trade down, IMO. As Hurney said, they have an idea of a draft order in their head but they're keeping everything open.

possibly, but when he says things like we wanna get a player that has an impact on the whole organization both on and off the field...that just screams QB to me

#11 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

He really didn't say much about Cam and actually tilted the conversation to Blaine before anyone else mentioned him. But only to say that the concerns they have for Cam are the same that they have for Blaine.

#12 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

He really didn't say much about Cam and actually tilted the conversation to Blaine before anyone else mentioned him. But only to say that the concerns they have for Cam are the same that they have for Blaine.

Interesting, would like to hear it. So it was purely about the offense then. Not surprising really, but interesting. Maybe Gabbert isn't quite as out of it before as some thought. NEver know I guess.

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,245 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

Rivera said something to the effect "that you have to understand that Gabbert is also a spread offense QB." Announcers took it to mean Rivera was concerned about Cam

#14 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

I pray we hear something valid before the draft this sh1t is killing me ready for April 28th to get here..

#15 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

Sounds more like it was a "we're not concerned they came from a spread offense" thing then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com