#1 FDN

FDN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

After a week of work here it is, let me know what you guys think

2011 NFL Mock Draft

I know the Panthers only have one pick in this, but for curiosity sake if they had the first pick in the second round I would have given them Adrian Clayborn.

#2 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

1. Cameron Newton - QB - Auburn .

Posted Image

#3 Camtastic

Camtastic

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

I agree that the pick will be Newton.

Sure wish we had our 2nd round pick so we could draft the best DT available.

#4 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

You shoulda done the first pick of the third!

Nice mock. Are Clayborn and Sharrod really falling that far? Figured they'd both be taken in the 20s. I heard B-More is in love with Sharrod.

#5 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

Im coming around to Cammy more and more. When I look at the top players in the draft.
Dareus, Green, PP7 they all have one thing in common. They played Auburn and lost.

Green is great but a WR just couldn't effect the game enough. Oh and Auburn's DB's are pretty bad.
PP7; If you watch the game, Cam lit him up. With fairly poor recievers.
Dareus hurt Cam quite a bit with his pass rush and clogging lanes. But he was surrounded by great D talent and against a weak Auburn O-line. Cam still beat them.

He didn't play Gabby and I can't fairly judge him because I never saw him play.

And it really does look like there will be some impressive talent in the second. :(

Edited by CAVSS, 15 April 2011 - 12:37 AM.

#6 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

I'm not sure I agree that Mallett will be taken above Locker, but that's why its your mock. You really have Locker plummeting. I think whoever ends up with Ponder is going to be really fortunate, he seems to be good enough at every aspect of the game that he's going to surprise people.

#7 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

Dareus hurt Cam quite a bit with his pass rush and clogging lanes. But he was surrounded by great D talent and against a weak Auburn O-line. Cam still beat them.

Dareus did have a lot talent around him, but Cam had something like 3 All-SEC lineman. I would not call Auburn's line weak by any means.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

Posted Image

Even Taylor knows what's up,

#9 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:15 AM

Even Taylor knows what's up,

Posted Image

#10 FDN

FDN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

You shoulda done the first pick of the third!

Nice mock. Are Clayborn and Sharrod really falling that far? Figured they'd both be taken in the 20s. I heard B-More is in love with Sharrod.

Good call, I will make sure to do that next go around. According to Clayborn he thinks he will be drafted between 18-23. I think if he gets past Tampa he could fall quite a bit. Sherrod I don't think will fall that far, but I had a hard time giving him to some of the earlier teams since they had other needs.

I'm not sure I agree that Mallett will be taken above Locker, but that's why its your mock. You really have Locker plummeting. I think whoever ends up with Ponder is going to be really fortunate, he seems to be good enough at every aspect of the game that he's going to surprise people.

Yeah, although Locker could go 10 overall to Washington, in fact for my first draft I had him going 10 overall, but changed it to Julio.

#11 Htb7994

Htb7994

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

I like the picks. I think that this draft is trully a deep defensive draft and hopefully we can pull some strings to get into the second round with a trade of some sort (not a bs trade like the armanti). But I can see us still coming out with some quality defensive playmakers in the 3rd to later rounds as well.

#12 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Posted Image

Love it

#13 FDN

FDN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

I like the picks. I think that this draft is trully a deep defensive draft and hopefully we can pull some strings to get into the second round with a trade of some sort (not a bs trade like the armanti). But I can see us still coming out with some quality defensive playmakers in the 3rd to later rounds as well.

Definitely agree that its a defensive loaded draft, and I also think the top of each round is a good place to be as there is bound to be some top talent that falls.

#14 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Im coming around to Cammy more and more. When I look at the top players in the draft.
Dareus, Green, PP7 they all have one thing in common. They played Auburn and lost.

Green is great but a WR just couldn't effect the game enough. Oh and Auburn's DB's are pretty bad.
PP7; If you watch the game, Cam lit him up. With fairly poor recievers.

He didn't play Gabby and I can't fairly judge him because I never saw him play.

And it really does look like there will be some impressive talent in the second. :(

Found it funny how in the LSU game Cam drags PP six or seven yards into the end zone.

If he couldn't beat you with his legs he'd beat you with his arm. They knew he was coming, studied the tape and still couldn't stop him.

#15 FDN

FDN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

Cam's a winner in college, but so was Vince Young. What I'm getting at is that Cam can get away with some of the things he did in college because of his athleticism, it will be interesting to see if he can pull it off in the NFL. So far history says no, but time will tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.