Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucs To Cut Talib?

58 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

TAMPA- It’s going to be sad ending to a tragic stint in Tampa.

When the Bucs drafted Aqib Talib in 2008, they though they were getting the heir apparent to Ronde Barber’s legacy at the cornerback position. Instead they got a thug who was posing as an NFL player.

After his most recent run in with the law which saw a warrant be issued for his arrest, the Bucs are very much considering cutting Talib the moment the lockout is over. This is according to sources inside and outside the Buccaneers organization.

It’s still just speculation but after this third strike it appears Talib is out. Tampa has had no problem with taking troubled players onboard, but enough is simply enough.

Talib has been in trouble ever since being drafted out of Kansas at the 20th selection of the 2008 NFL Draft. He was involved in a fist fight with fellow Buccaneer Cory Boyd at the rookie symposium.

Read More

He's a good CB, but I don't know if I'd roll the dice. Maybe for the right price, but I think we stay far away regardless.

Posted · Report post

And people wonder why Cam Newtons "red flags" are so important.

Posted · Report post

Read More

He's a good CB, but I don't know if I'd roll the dice. Maybe for the right price, but I think we stay far away regardless.

LOL you really think we would hire a murderer after what Richardson has went through with murderers?

Posted · Report post

Come on man.

Newton may not have been a choir boy, but he certainly wasn't involved in violent behavior or attempted murder.

Posted · Report post

LOL you really think we would hire a murderer after what Richardson has went through with murderers?
Namely Rae Carruth.:rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

:o

Posted · Report post

Read More

Pretty much I say no. He would be more trouble then anything. We have Marshall right now and FA is sure to have a few good CBs in it when the CBA is done.

P.S. BTW Panther I love your Bunny ****** the Chicken gif.:ihih:

Posted · Report post

Come on man.

Newton may not have been a choir boy, but he certainly wasn't involved in violent behavior or attempted murder.

Didn't say that he was, just that he has some spots on this record, just like Talib did coming out of college.

Character concerns are not a big deal if you are looking at them in the 4th round, but in the 1st.....and especially with the first overall. It's important.

Posted · Report post

never happen

next

Posted · Report post

donotwant.gif

Posted · Report post

Quoted for truth.

Many cam fans need to go back and read the story of the scorpion and the turtle, you just can't change a persons true character.