#1951 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

The one thing that isn't conveyed as well in the show as it is in the book is that Sansa has had a lady boner for Loras ever since the knight's tournament in Ned Stark's honor when he was named Hand of the King. They allude to it some on the show, but in the books she already was in love with Loras from afar.

So in the book it is literally a dream come true scenario for her. To marry the man of her dreams and get to leave King's Landing for Highgarden.

Of course without her inner most thoughts, it is impossible to convey that on camera. Plus, the show runners probably figured that it wasn't that essential because she has been so tormented in King's Landing that she would probably marry an untrained gorilla if it meant getting the hell out of King's Landing.

But for the non book readers this is not just a means to an end to get out of King's Landing, this is a dream come true for her.

Well that's interesting because from my point of view she has been THE most gullible and naive character in the series.

#1952 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Here is a good recap from EW from last night with a choice quote I wanted to point out:

http://tvrecaps.ew.c...is-watch-ended/

Before we get into this scene I'm going to say something that I know is not very smart. When you blog for Entertainment Weekly, you learn not to write things like "[Hit Show X] is better than [Hit Show Y]." Because you alienate the fans of [Hit Show Y], since people like people who like the same things they like. Many psychological studies have proven Paula Abdul wrong -- similarity attracts, opposites do not. And who's to say, really, that one show is better than another show? It's all art. It's all subjective. If you tell me Two and a Half Men is funnier than Modern Family or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, okay, you're not lying. For you, Two and a Half Men is funnier. I accept that. Who am I to question your experience or suggest my opinion of a TV series is more valid? So now... having said... all of that... I feel compelled to write... in regards to this next scene with Dany in Astapor... that IF... after watching this... you still think The Walking Dead is better than Game of Thrones... you're just wrong.

The Walking Dead is fun, but Thrones is creatively playing at a higher level. Every element in this scene is meticulous. Every shot matters. The editing is fantastic. The score is terrific. Every expression by every character conveys unique information. The word "epic" gets lazily thrown around a lot (guilty) but this scene is truly epic, and I suspect fans will watch it more than once.

#1953 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

The CGI folks in GoT are really doing great things...

Also, the next episode looks to be another action packed one:

(HBO's synopsis)

Kissed by Fire

The Hound (Rory McCann) is judged by the gods; Jaime is judged by men. Jon proves himself; Robb (Richard Madden) is betrayed. Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.

For book readers or those who want to be spoiled:

Spoiler

Should be another great episode!

#1954 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

The CGI folks in GoT are really doing great things...

Also, the next episode looks to be another action packed one:

(HBO's synopsis)

Kissed by Fire

For book readers or those who want to be spoiled:

Spoiler

Should be another great episode!

Hah that is the most generic synopsis I have read in a long while by HBO - but most welcome to readers.

I think you're right about next episode being more Jon/Ygritte-centric.

Spoiler

#1955 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,356 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Just got around to watching the episode...and......holy...fuging...poo.

I literally said those last three words in a repetitive, slow fashion at least 5 times during that scene. I saw it coming the MINUTE she got the dragon out and made sure the deal was done, but it was absolutely epic to watch. I replayed it 3 times, and it got better each time. Best episode of the series, if only for that scene (as well as Margaery continuing to be awesome).

#1956 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

The scene was predictable as fug once she said she would trade a dragon for soldiers in the last episode. Especially when she started asking about if they would follow her no matter what or whatever.....that didn't make it less enjoyable to watch....

#1957 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hah that is the most generic synopsis I have read in a long while by HBO - but most welcome to readers.

I think you're right about next episode being more Jon/Ygritte-centric.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1958 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Finally watched Sunday's episode. The end was awesome. Dumb ass men not taking a girl with dragons seriously. I doubt that's the last time people will make that mistake.

#1959 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

Question:

The shemale chick who kicks ass was taking Jamie back to his family, right. So why was he trying to get away from her? I think I'm missing something.

#1960 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Question:

The shemale chick who kicks ass was taking Jamie back to his family, right. So why was he trying to get away from her? I think I'm missing something.

She was secretly trying to take him back to King's Landing to exchange him for Sansa and Arya (whom Cat doesn't know isn't in King's Landing anymore)... If Jaime could escape, he could rejoin the battle against Robb, and Brienne wouldn't have any leverage to get Cat's daughters back...

#1961 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Makes sense

#1962 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

One change from the books that is coming is that
Spoiler

#1963 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Spoiler

One change from the books that is coming is that
Spoiler

That's interesting.

I need to look up where he is now in the series to see how it would affect a future book.

#1964 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

That's interesting.

I need to look up where he is now in the series to see how it would affect a future book.

Spoiler

#1965 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

dp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.