Kurb

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

3,864 posts in this topic

The books are awesome. On my first read, I absolutely couldnt put them down. I read all 5 of them in about 2 months, which is insane IMO.

They are probably the only books that I have ever read that I wanted to start over and read again. Hang in there. GRRM is the best fantasy writer ever, even better than the great Tolkien.

It's just such a daunting task. Procrastination takes over man. It seems tedious at first, but once I start reading I forget about it. In Chapter 13 now... Must not think about numbers..

Lost to many is the Knight of Flowers was wearing Renly's armor in the last episode.

Yep. In the books, it was the deciding factor of the battle.

Most of Stannis' army was sworn to Renly before Mel killed him, so when they saw Willas Tyrell wearing Renly's armor, they thought that he was a ghost, coming for revenge against his old sworn houses..

1 person likes this

Great show. Needs more blacks tho.

Yep. In the books, it was the deciding factor of the battle.

Most of Stannis' army was sworn to Renly before Mel killed him, so when they saw Willas Tyrell wearing Renly's armor, they thought that he was a ghost, coming for revenge against his old sworn houses..

It was Garlan Tyrell... Willas is a cripple...

It was Garlan Tyrell... Willas is a cripple...

Yep, caught me slippin.

Out of the blue, I just want to point out how awesome Tywin Lannister is, especially on the show.

Every time he makes an appearance, I get that stupid "Like a Boss" song stuck in my head.

Out of the blue, I just want to point out how awesome Tywin Lannister is, especially on the show.

Every time he makes an appearance, I get that stupid "Like a Boss" song stuck in my head.

Him and Tyrion are the only Lannisters that I like.

The rest can go die in a fire.

Well, considering how well the producers handled the Battle of the Blackwater (which I expected them to screw up), I think that non-book readers are going to get blown away by Dany in the House of the Undying. If they do it according to the books, it should be awesome. Maybe we will even get a glimpse of Rheagar Targaryan.

Good blown away or bad blown away? Am I gonna be all pissed off?

It should be good. Without giving it away... it should involve a lot of good special effects if the they are going to do it properly.

They could totally blow it, but after the quality they showed with all of the cinematics of wildfire, they should be able to do something cool.

I dont want to spoil it for you, but I'll say that I dont think you will be upset story-wise. It is one of my favorite chapters in the whole 5000 pages of the books so far, But I also understand if the production has difficulty trying to do the scene justice.

Think he was going for good blown away. HotU in the books was incredible - and I trust the show to pull it off tonight (though the story line will be a little different as she had her dragons with her in the books),

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting