-Game of Thrones-HBO-

3,832 posts in this topic

Posted

Neither Mance Rayder or Thoros look anything like I imagined.

I did see a photo of Tormond Giantsbane though, and they nailed it.

Posted

I haven't read the books, but I love the bits of the show that focus on Jon Snow and sh*t that happens beyond the wall.

Do we get a lot of that in whatever book the 3rd season is centered around?

Posted

I haven't read the books, but I love the bits of the show that focus on Jon Snow and sh*t that happens beyond the wall.

Do we get a lot of that in whatever book the 3rd season is centered around?

It depends on how far into it they go, but..

(DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS)

There should be a pretty good chance we'll see at least one or two action scenes revolving around the Wall itself, and north of it (as was foreshadowed at the ending scenes of last season)...

As far as John specifically, he gets to know the wildlings a little better, and one in particular VERY well...

We probably will also, according to recent reports about an actor (who played a White Walker in season 1, and Gregor Clegane (the Mountain) in season 2) playing a new role that he has a specific quality for, be introduced to a new "race" of people this season. Fee Fi Fo Fum.

Just think, all those things happen at the wall and north of it... plus more... and, those aren't even the biggest plot points in the 3rd book...

Posted

It depends on how far into it they go, but..

(DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS)

Just think, all those things happen at the wall and north of it... plus more... and, those aren't even the biggest plot points in the 3rd book...

When I hit the quote button, it showed the spoiler so I had to quickly erase it.

I assume that there was that much stuff, and by your last statement, that there will be quite a bit of it. Thanks!

Posted

NP

Also, for anyone who cares...

GRRM has been quoted as saying that the Dunk & Egg stories are being "discussed" as a part of his new job with HBO...

Posted

that fat neckbeard dicksucking fine young male needs to get to work on the 6th book

2 people like this

Posted

Hey you leave bronn alone

Posted

he didn't say asthmatic you shithead!

Posted

I downloaded audible versions of the series, and have been listening to them during my commute. Each book is 40ish hours, and I've just gotten to Ned and Co getting to Kings Landing where he'll start serving as the hand. I'm really impressed with how well HBO has stayed loyal to the important points in the story. They didn't put in everything, of course, but so far the show is one of the most loyal I have ever seen.

Posted

the show is nice in comparison in that it actually fills in for readers, like the heart to heart between cersei and robert, or the *** for tat between varys and littlefinger

i could do without ros though

Posted

HBO is teh tits. All we need now is a Metal Gear Solid & Assassin's Creed original series. But to stay on topic I've watched both seasons and am in love so I got the first book. Look forward to reading them all. Hopefully Jon Snow gets his dick wet in season 3.

Posted

Read them all, and then you can feel the misery as we wait for more...

cue PSC to tell us about how long he's waited and we're all pussies