-Game of Thrones-HBO-

3,837 posts in this topic

Posted

lannister is lancasters and the starks are the yorks. most of the major characters are based on figures from actual human history. i used to be able to rattle them off a lot better, but all i can think of now is Khal Drogo is based on Ghengis Khan (right down to the way that Ghengis used to pour molten silver in the eyes of those condenmed to the death penalty)

i know Varys is based on a famous roman eunich spy, and littlefinger is based on a french noble, but its been several years since i've even thought about it

i'd say a good 50% is based on actual human history. there was a new phrase coined for it even, Fantistorical

speaking of, funny how SC has lancaster and york counties side by side. i'd kinda like to know the story behind that

I would guess Joffrey is probably Nero. Or a mixture of Nero and Caligula.

Posted

YES!

Also... Love the adaptations of The Bear and the Maiden Fair...

The Bear and the Maiden fair at the end with the credits rolling was awesome

Posted

It's not that much of a deviation.

It's just another way to show Ramsay becoming his friend and pretending to be cool at first. Part of his games. Probably also why they never actually confirmed the actor is playing Ramsay, they want to drag this 'mystery' on before he turns on Theon and breaks his brain.

oh ok, I thought they confirmed who he was a while back, and I know the actor I thought it was is not the kid helping him now so if the kid now is him then that would explain a lot.

Posted

oh ok, I thought they confirmed who he was a while back, and I know the actor I thought it was is not the kid helping him now so if the kid now is him then that would explain a lot.

Well I don't know it for a fact I just assumed it was him. I've never seen the actor before.

Posted

Woah didn't see that ending coming! I was neutral to Jaime since the beginning but I've actually begun to like him so far this season and now I feel sorry for him. :(

Also Podrick the PIMP.

Posted

I would guess Joffrey is probably Nero. Or a mixture of Nero and Caligula.

Or one of the british boy kings. But I think Caligula.

Posted

Well I don't know it for a fact I just assumed it was him. I've never seen the actor before.

see: misfits

awesome show on bbc1

Posted

I wish they'd get more into Daenarys' stuff. It's been three episodes and she's had like 5 minutes of screen time.

Though I guess they have to go slow. I've long been a believer that the show will lose steam and be cancelled when it's season 5 6 and 7 and she's just farting around in Mereen getting fuged by sell swords with zero interest in the Iron Throne. TV show audience will get frustrated.

Posted

I wish they'd get more into Daenarys' stuff. It's been three episodes and she's had like 5 minutes of screen time.

Though I guess they have to go slow. I've long been a believer that the show will lose steam and be cancelled when it's season 5 6 and 7 and she's just farting around in Mereen getting fuged by sell swords with zero interest in the Iron Throne. TV show audience will get frustrated.

In regards to your spoiler I have that same concern, and not just for Daenarys but a couple of characters.

Posted

So, for some weird reason, the bear and the maiden fair song started before the end of that last scene with Jaime. It cut out some of the dialogue. Was the last sentence or two important enough to wonder what he said?

Posted

see: misfits

awesome show on bbc1

Is that little old Simon? I thought the voice sounded exactly like him, but I didn't see his face clearly enough to confirm.

1 person likes this

Posted

They're probably having Ramsay:

Take Theon to the Dreadfort, acting like his sister is there. Yara is probably going to try to assault Winterfell, but will find it empty and return to the Iron islands.