Kurb

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

4,667 posts in this topic

And some things they added i liked. For example I loved the battle of wits that Petyr and Varys had in the throne room.

maybe stuff like that are situations and conversations he wish he'd written in the novel when he first wrote it....maybe...maybe??

those were situations and conversations he couldn't have written in the novel when he wrote it because there were no POV characters present

the conversation between robert and cersei about how their sham of a marriage kept the kingdom together was nice...but unnecessary

are you saying varys or littlefinger should have been a pov in the first book?

because i disagree

i suppose arya could have overheard them sneaking around at some point, but really its unnecessary dialogue. helps to develop those two characters for tv, but the books don't need to develop these characters early.

really less is more when it comes to those characters imo

honestly...I'm only 350 pages into the first book..I forget that it's written like it is..I was simply meaning that..scenes that are on the show and not in the book are maybe things he wishes he could've fit in the book somehow but now it's too late. Does that make sense??

i think the dragons being stolen are one of those types of alterations that he wishes he could rewrite. as for adding those conversations between littlefinger and varys, or robert and cersei, or any other number of interactions between non-POV characters, no. i think they were added to replace internalizations

now go and read your little book :P

don't worry. In 10 years, GRRM will pull a Lucas and re-write all the books with better special effects and extra scenes

well then, he'd better start fuging writting then

1 person likes this

grrm will be dead in 10 years

what is dead can never die.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead