Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Bronn    4,339

They doing ch or no?

Supposedly an "extra" on Reddit was claiming so... He was claiming several different things and answering questions that related to his crew (North of the Wall stuff)... a lot of people questioned his authenticity though...

I hope he makes it to the show, and I think he will.

Three Eyed Crow isn't really spoilerish btw. If someone goes and googles it, not knowing what/who it is, that's on them. If you've been paying attention to the show, 3EC is already an important part of Bran's storyline.

CarolinaCoolin    2,526

Supposedly an "extra" on Reddit was claiming so... He was claiming several different things and answering questions that related to his crew (North of the Wall stuff)... a lot of people questioned his authenticity though...

I hope he makes it to the show, and I think he will.

Three Eyed Crow isn't really spoilerish btw. If someone goes and googles it, not knowing what/who it is, that's on them. If you've been paying attention to the show, 3EC is already an important part of Bran's storyline.

I just find it weird they haven't showed him yet. Brann has gone threw the wall at this point. My only guess is they meet him when they get to the other side. I hope they do ch

Bronn    4,339

I just find it weird they haven't showed him yet. Brann has gone threw the wall at this point. My only guess is they meet him when they get to the other side. I hope they do ch

Yeah... IF they indeed include Cold Hands, I'm pretty sure they will encounter him and he'll give them quite a scare at first. They might work it in in a way that the health of a certain party member (if you've read the book you know who I am talking about) is a primary cause for CH stepping in to help get them where they need to go.

CarolinaCoolin    2,526

Yeah... IF they indeed include Cold Hands, I'm pretty sure they will encounter him and he'll give them quite a scare at first. They might work it in in a way that the health of a certain party member (if you've read the book you know who I am talking about) is a primary cause for CH stepping in to help get them where they need to go.

Yeah he's pretty much needed for brans story line I don't see how they can skip him and still make it work with where bran needs to go and how he gets there

Bronn    4,339

Apparently Joseph Gatt is playing another Thenn, not Styr... Styr was announced today as Yuri Kolokolnikov

yuri-kolokolnikov.jpg

Bronn    4,339

Soooo...

A child of the forest has been confirmed to have been cast. Pair that with the news of the 3EC casting and it appears that, at the least, Bran's storyline will delve pretty far into ADWD.

Octavia Alexandru

34580_m.jpg

I wonder if this bodes well or bad for hopes that The Winds of Winter will be out in time for the books to stay ahead of the show. At this point, I am wondering if Martin doesn't have a trick play up his sleeve and will be able to release the next two books relatively close together. That, or the show is going to definitely pass the books.

CarolinaCoolin    2,526

Soooo...

A child of the forest has been confirmed to have been cast. Pair that with the news of the 3EC casting and it appears that, at the least, Bran's storyline will delve pretty far into ADWD.

Octavia Alexandru

34580_m.jpg

I wonder if this bodes well or bad for hopes that The Winds of Winter will be out in time for the books to stay ahead of the show. At this point, I am wondering if Martin doesn't have a trick play up his sleeve and will be able to release the next two books relatively close together. That, or the show is going to definitely pass the books.

Isn't winds coming this spring and the shows season 4 and 5 doing the affc and adwd. That's two years for him to write the last book?

Darth Biscuit    12,502

Isn't winds coming this spring and the shows season 4 and 5 doing the affc and adwd. That's two years for him to write the last book?

Far as I know, no one knows the date of the next two books...

It took him like 11 years to publish the last three so I wouldn't hold my breath.

CarolinaCoolin    2,526

Far as I know, no one knows the date of the next two books...

It took him like 11 years to publish the last three so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've heard spring. I mean he already has released a couple of chapters already so I would assume he's closer to being done then we think

Darth Biscuit    12,502

I've heard spring. I mean he already has released a couple of chapters already so I would assume he's closer to being done then we think

Link?

Bronn    4,339

i'd be surprised if affc and adwd isn't split into 2 seasons each, giving him another 4 years to finish

Recent reports on the books front are that:

1.he's getting pissy with people asking him when TWOW is going to be done...

2. any dates you're reading are speculative until it comes from his website

3. hodor

4. he's been pretty clear that the show is the show and the books are the books... some people that have died in the show will likely die (or not) differently in the books

The show front, people aren't exactly sure. AFFC and ADWD events are parallel on the timeline. They happen at the same time. He just couldn't fit everyone's viewpoints into one book of reasonable size. Therefore, with some of the show castings (especially for Bran's line) it is a pretty solid bet that they'll be delving into ADWD quite a bit this season.

That would mean that the show will almost certainly pass the show in some POV storylines.

There hasn't been much in the news about any Greyjoy castings, so some of that might be pushed to season 5, but at some point it definitely appears that the show is going to take the lead. I'm hoping they've cast the Greyjoy uncles but just kept it under tight wraps.

• Pie 1

Bronn    4,339

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/11/game-of-thrones-author-george-rr-martin-talks-winds-of-winter-release-date.html

"It is great that so many people are eager for the next book and certainly these are the people who are paying my bills and allowing me to have a house across the street from my other house," Martin admits to the Sydney Morning Herald. "But at the same time, sometimes I just wish they would stop pressuring me about it. It will be done when it's done. I'm working on it. I don't know what else I can say: I'm a slow writer, I've always been a slow writer, and these are gigantic books."

trolololol

but then

At least he acknowledges that he needs to be writing faster now. "As the show comes closer and closer, I need to go faster and faster," Martin admits. "I have told them ["Game of Thrones" showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss] some of where I am going, so I think they know the ultimate destination, but I have to not allow them to catch me."