Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Bronn    4,342

and there's been a few chapters released/read in public already from TWOW as mentioned above...

Arianne Martell http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

Theon http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/sample-chapter-from-winds-of-winter.207815997/

Barristan Selmy (not the actual texts, but summary) http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81338-twow-spoilers-barristan/#entry4122024

very rough overview of some reading of a Victarion/Tyrion chapter and some notes about Brienne's word http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/67929-twow-spoilers-miscon-reading-two-winds-of-winter-chapters/

I think there has been another Arianne chapter somewhere and another Tyrion chapter... but I'm not having much luck...

PanthersFanNY    150

If he releases Winds of Winter this coming spring I'll just poop everywhere out of shock.

I have to imagine that for the show, they'll combine AFFC and DWD and divide it into two seasons. They happen at the same time chronologically. If there was one whole season to AFFC (or two, oh dear God please not two) people would die of boredom and would cry about no Dany/Jon Snow.

Bronn    4,342

So, if you don't keep up with South Park anymore, they've decided to tackle a little bit of GoT theme. The past two episodes have been loosely based on GoT stuff, and they even did a GRRM spoof in last nights episode.

It isn't all that funny of a show anymore, and they're trying to poke a little fun at the sexual nature of the ASOIAF stuff, but I just thought it was another drop in the bucket of how much of popular culture has been infected with GoT. It isn't a bad thing, IMHO.

I think next week will be the final episode of the GoT spoof series.

I thought there was a bit of irony in last night's GRRM spot. Basically, GRRM called in the idea of delaying black Friday until Dec. 6th (an underhanded smack at him for delaying books and stuff I suppose). It is ironic though because Matt and Trey had an issue getting an episode in on time earlier this season and had to show a rerun that week.

Anyways, sorry to put this here, but I suppose it does relate to the world of GoT stuff.

• Pie 1

SCMunnerlyn1    736

So, if you don't keep up with South Park anymore, they've decided to tackle a little bit of GoT theme. The past two episodes have been loosely based on GoT stuff, and they even did a GRRM spoof in last nights episode.

It isn't all that funny of a show anymore, and they're trying to poke a little fun at the sexual nature of the ASOIAF stuff, but I just thought it was another drop in the bucket of how much of popular culture has been infected with GoT. It isn't a bad thing, IMHO.

I think next week will be the final episode of the GoT spoof series.

I thought there was a bit of irony in last night's GRRM spot. Basically, GRRM called in the idea of delaying black Friday until Dec. 6th (an underhanded smack at him for delaying books and stuff I suppose). It is ironic though because Matt and Trey had an issue getting an episode in on time earlier this season and had to show a rerun that week.

Anyways, sorry to put this here, but I suppose it does relate to the world of GoT stuff.

I was laughing really hard at those ..best line "I'm sick of you kids walking in my garden and dressing up and having talks of betrayel in it" I lost it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Pie 2

teeray    16,201

I hope they don't stretch books 4 & 5 too much. They are both good for sure but drag more than the first three books.

Hopefully they can do both books in only two seasons

Bronn    4,342

They wrapped S4 filming yesterday or the day before...

Lots of people speculating that they are pushing all the Greyjoy stuff to S5... I think based solely on lack of casting news on that front...

I don't know how to take that, as I was anticipating more Kraken in the upcoming season... I'm sure they'll do fine with what they are doing, though...

Jangler    705

I have watched the last 2 seasons in about 2 weeks with the last episode of S3 to go. All I can say is Wow!. This has to be the best show on TV right now and probably since the 2nd season of The Sopranos. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait and could watch the last 19 episodes in row.

• Pie 2

davos    3,849

I've got some questions for the book readers.  (I'm ok with spoilers pertaining to who may end up up crossing paths and future storylines but don't wanna know about deaths or any major curveballs):

True heir to King Robert:

-Is it possible that Gendry could be more important than let on?  The last 2 hands of the king went to him before their deaths while investigating Robert's bastards.  It's obvious the 3 blondies are Jaime and Cersei's so maybe they wanted Joffery to gain the throne but Robert still wanted Gendry, their true son alive.  Could he be the actual son of Cersei and Robert? Good read: http://colorpastels.tumblr.com/post/23730247566/gendry-a-baratheon-the-legitimate-son  

Crossing paths question: 

-Should we expect a Jon Snow-Stannis coalition fighting side-by-side with the night's watch and Stannis' army? 

-Which direction in Westeros is Arya headed?  Is Roose Bolton headed to Winterfell? 

*spoiler question:

I've heard the theories about the 3 heads of the dragon / 3 dragon riders, and was wondering which 3 Targaryon blooded ones could comprise the three.  Jon Snow (Targaryen-Stark), Daeneryus (Targaryen-Targaryen), & the third (Could it be the deceased Aegon or someone else?)

Darth Biscuit    12,505

I've got some questions for the book readers.  (I'm ok with spoilers pertaining to who may end up up crossing paths and future storylines but don't wanna know about deaths or any major curveballs):

True heir to King Robert:

-Is it possible that Gendry could be more important than let on?  The last 2 hands of the king went to him before their deaths while investigating Robert's bastards.  It's obvious the 3 blondies are Jaime and Cersei's so maybe they wanted Joffery to gain the throne but Robert still wanted Gendry, their true son alive.  Could he be the actual son of Cersei and Robert? Good read: http://colorpastels.tumblr.com/post/23730247566/gendry-a-baratheon-the-legitimate-son  

Crossing paths question: 

-Should we expect a Jon Snow-Stannis coalition fighting side-by-side with the night's watch and Stannis' army? 

-Which direction in Westeros is Arya headed?  Is Roose Bolton headed to Winterfell? 

*spoiler question:

I've heard the theories about the 3 heads of the dragon / 3 dragon riders, and was wondering which 3 Targaryon blooded ones could comprise the three.  Jon Snow (Targaryen-Stark), Daeneryus (Targaryen-Targaryen), & the third (Could it be the deceased Aegon or someone else?)

I've read 'em all... middle of last year... I'll answer what I can...

Big spoilers here so don't read if you don't want to know...

Gendry is def Roberts son and not Cersei's.

Jon Snow and Stannis do fight side by side, but not against who you probably think... Stannis comes to help Snow and the Night's Watch fight off the wildlings. Lots of discussion on this as to what happens, look up a good wiki if you want more info on Snow and Stannis.

Arya heads north back to Winterfell but never makes it... she ends up on a ship headed across the Narrow Sea and has a whole story of her own over there.

Idk about the 3 heads of the dragon... tbh I'm not even sure where that's coming from unless I'm forgetting something.  From what I've gathered AFTER I finished the books, there is def a connection with Jon Snow and Daeneryus.  Jon is more than likely the child of Eddard's sister and Rhaegar, but that is only the most common theory and is not specifically mentioned in the books

• Pie 1

Bronn    4,342

I think the 3 heads of the dragon are Tyrion (a secret Targaryen bastard, Tywin's wife was raped or allowed to give it up for the good of the family), Daenerys, and Jon Snow...

It is also possible that Aegon Targaryen could be one (you don't really know him yet if you only watch the show, but he's the one the Mountain dashed against the wall and killed as an infant) and he supposedly is still alive and making his way back to Westeros also...

Tyrion is fascinated with dragons, and makes several comments and has dreams about them, etc.

Jon Snow is pretty much thought to be half Lyanna Stark, half Rhaegar Targaryen.

Dany is obvious, the last full blooded Targ and mother of the dragons (unless she by some chance dies somehow and someone else takes her place.

There is a prophecy at some point about "beware of the mummer's dragon" or something like that... Might mean one who is thought as or presents themselves as a Targ really isn't... a lot of people think that means Aegon isn't really Aegon...

A lot should start to be cleared up in the next book, if Martin ever finishes it...

The entire series is rich with grey areas and prophecy that will make you think one thing, only to have another happen... So don't get so caught up believing any one theory...

• Pie 2