Kurb

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

4,182 posts in this topic

they've also released the dude that is playng Xaro Xhaon Daxos, but I don't care about him...

10xv7lg.jpg

man goddamn now I have to wait 5 years to find out if a character died or not.

what the fug is with that totally crap epilogue, ick

man goddamn now I have to wait 5 years to find out if a character died or not.

what the fug is with that totally crap epilogue, ick

lol don't spoil it for those of us who haven't read it all yet... There is a thread for that (I think it is called "So I just finished A Dance With Dragons" or something like that)

btw I've gone back and rewatched the first episodes of the first season, and I think it is fairly obvious that Martin and the show's producers wanted to convey that Benjen Stark is Jon Snow's father... Not sure who his mom is, but at this point in the books, I'd guess she was a wildling north of the Wall, or a Targaryen... I think the whole Wyla thing was just something Ned made up to protect his brother's honor (not have him known as an oathbreaker), or to keep Robert from dashing young Jon's head against a wall for having dragon blood in him...

btw I've gone back and rewatched the first episodes of the first season, and I think it is fairly obvious that Martin and the show's producers wanted to convey that

I didn't really get that feeling, but I see why you might have.

There are other options, many others... the most intriguing of which has to do with the name of the series itself...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW... scroll down.

I think that Jon Snow is the son of Lyanna Stark and Rheagar Targaryan.

It is pretty obvious that the identity of his parents are central to the plot of the story. When Rheagar named Lyanna "Goddess of Beauty" (or whatever it is called) at the tournament, i think that they were having a secret affair. This would also fit in with the fact that Jon looks like a Stark. (well, he looks like Arya anyway...)

The "promise" that Lyanna asked Eddard to keep was to protect Jon's identity in order to protect him from King Robert as a possible "rightful" heir to the throne.

If I am right, then that just opens up so many possibilities as to how the story might end that it is mind boggling.

Jon can then use his new identity to join forces with his aunt Danerys and her dragons, help her claim the throne, and then help her to unite the forces of Westeros in order to meet the threat of the Others.

If I am right, The only part that my opinion doesnt address is how involved Jaime is concerning the end of the series. What role does he play? Maybe he is going to die before then? I have a feeling that besides the 2 obvious main characters being Dany and Jon, i think he has a vital role to play as well.

If I am wrong about Dany ending up being the queen, then another interesting possibility is that somehow Tyrion ends up on the throne...haha.

Edited by chris999

don't scroll below if you don't want to see more theoretical spoilers...

Almost everyone buys into that theory now, though... so I bet that isn't it...

Seriously... go back and watch the interactions between Benjen and Jon on the show... It just seems pretty obvious that Benjen cares a lot more about Jon than he is letting on...

Could be good acting and nothing else, but I think there is more to it...

Never mind the fact that Benjen's past is still pretty much unknown at this point... even his reasoning for joining the NW in the first place...

With Ned so fixated on his honor and his family, it just makes it more plausible that he would take on his brother's bastard... and send his own brother to the Wall...

I'm really not sure that a Targaryen is his mom either... I know GRRM loves him some incest, but the Jon/Dany theory would basically mean that she'd be his aunt or cousin...

I'm also not convinced that ASOIAF literally translates to Stark/Targaryen...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead