Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

QB Camp: Newton

Is that possible bad decision enough to make you not draft him or push you over the top?

No?

Then its irrelevant

Hidden

Is that possible bad decision enough to make you not draft him or push you over the top?

No?

Then its irrelevant

He wasn't playing for an NFL coach. Chizik said he was fine with it. So why do we care?

Because he's going to be playing for an NFL coach, maybe ours.

If I'm an NFL coach interviewing him pre-draft, one of the things I make clear up front is if he pulls that s--t with me, his ass is grass. And the only answer I better hear back is "yes, sir".

Anything more or less than that, and no way I'm paying this guy millions of dollars to be on my team.

If I'm an NFL coach interviewing him pre-draft, one of the things I make clear up front is if he pulls that s--t with me, his ass is grass. And the only answer I better hear back is "yes, sir".

Anything more or less than that, and no way I'm paying this guy millions of dollars to be on my team.

Do honestly think he would say anything other than "Yes, Sir" to El Pantera?

:D

No?

Then its irrelevant

You are like a small buddha covered in hair

ron-burgundy-20100901113856428.jpg

No?

Then its irrelevant

What if you didn't want to draft him in the first place? :P

I still didn't like his reasoning for it, even if it won't keep the Panthers from drafting him.

Don't get me wrong, I am not 100% confident in Cam, but I just want to take advantage of the opportunity, and there are going to be doubts and concerns with ANY prospect.

So, I am 60/40 pro Cam.

Because he's going to be playing for an NFL coach, maybe ours.

So you are saying you wouldn't pay Peyton Manning who waived off the punt team?? :rofl:

I-dunno-lol.jpg

Do honestly think he would say anything other than "Yes, Sir" to El Pantera?

:D

Doubt it. Personally, I'd be afraid to have the wrong facial expression if I were standing in front of Rivera.

Dude's scary.

So you are saying you wouldn't pay Peyton Manning who waived off the punt team?? :rofl:

Why are we comparing Newton to Manning?

Manning can do anything he wants. He's his own OC. If Newton reaches that point, fine, but the reality is that certain players can do certain things because they've earned the right. It sounds like to Auburn, he had earned that right. Doesn't mean that I have to like that he did it.

When you're about to enter the NFL, you don't really want to make it sound like you think you have better judgment than your college coach. But it sounds like it was a minor thing and not a big deal... so I doubt the teams care much.

Doesn't mean *I* have to like his answer.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2004-12-28-week16-replay_x.htm

In the crunchtime sequence Sunday that led to the NFL's season record for touchdown passes, Manning provided a twist: waving off the punt team.

Faced with a fourth-and-4 after an improbable flip to Edgerrin James for an 11-yard completion, the Colts had all of their timeouts and the two-minute warning to work with when the punt team headed onto the field.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Icy89