#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,162 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

I don't think that you can label people that don't want Cameron as being conservative.

AJGreen is the most dynamic offensive talent in the draft in my opinion, that's why you take him. I feel that the team isn't going to win right away anyhow so the team should build for the future with great talent. AJ Green was one of the top recruits out of HS and has kept his game at a high level while improving each and every year. He is the closest that this draft has to a can't miss prospect. That doesn't make me conservative because I want the Panthers to pick him over Cameron.

The effort to label people who don't want Newton as something has been a pretty continuous one.

Not sure why folks can't just accept that people have differing opinions about who the best draft pick is and leave it at that.

(guess that's too much to ask) :nonod:

Edited by Mr Scot, 20 April 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#32 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

You would think after all the complaining about the conservative nature of the John Fox era people here would be more apt to take risk. However from a lot of comments and post it seems like John Fox is still here.

Drafting a cornerback , DT at #1?
We need a traditional pocket passing QB.
Complaining that a QB made a play to ice the game instead of taking a knee?
Tanking the year so we can get a better QB(arguably) next year?
Hoping that our horrible QB play from last year was just bad play calling?

Or maybe it's just me reading into things..........

I gotta agree. I'm ecstatic Fox is not the HC for this draft or else we all know we'd be going defense with his favorite position (CB) as arguably the top player. We'd be the first team in history to draft a DB #1 and it would be a huge mistake.

Then he'd probably have some pipe dream of developing Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen...OR take another late round QB.

#33 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

So change just for change sake? BTW Pittsburgh has been 'conservative' for decades now. Who has the most rings?

Yes pocket passer as Dual college threats will NEVER make it in the NFL, NEVER! Now put down the fuging madden and join reality

Ben Rothlisberger. He was drafted by the Steelers in the first round in the 2004 NFL Draft. Ever heard of him? He lives in reality too.

#34 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

The effort to label people who don't want Newton as something has been a pretty continuous one.

Not sure why folks can't just accept that people have differing opinions about who the best draft pick is and leave it at that.

It's not everyone Mr. Scot. Just like everyone who likes Newton isn't blind to the other issue on the team. However taking the safest most cautious route seems like repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I

#35 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

you all confuse being conservative with assuming Newton or Gabbert are guaranteed all pro's..

you can take a chance all you want, and if you succeed 1 out of 10 times, you failed 9.. but hey, YOU'RE A GOOOOOO GETTTTER!

I hope we draft Cam (and what that implies if we do).. however, you all are f**king stupid to assume everyone should just blindly accept that Newton or Gabbert will be true franchise QBs..

if people are concerned that they may not be, they aren't the dumb ones.. they are most likely the more logical ones.

To take a QB solely for the reason to be aggressive/take chances/whatever you want to call it is actually what is considered ignorant.

so in the same nature that this thread was made, let me go ahead and help you all assume I'm a Cam hater, despite what I've said in this thread.

um, yeah.. I'm not so sure why there is this venomous desire to label people ignorant or conservative who may disagree that these QBs aren't going to pan out.

Grabbing a QB and him becoming a bust is going to hurt more than not having a QB.

Edited by bleys, 20 April 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,162 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

It's not everyone Mr. Scot. Just like everyone who likes Newton isn't blind to the other issue on the team. However taking the safest most cautious route seems like repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I

I wasn't really talking so much about you. I don't see you as making an effort to do that.

I disagree with your read on things though. I don't think making the judgment that the best player available at a need spot is someone other than one of the quarterbacks needs to involve fear or conservative thinking. I believe you can come to that conclusion on completely objective criteria (and I believe many have).

It might not be one you agree with, but it's a legitimate viewpoint.

#37 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

and grabbing Newton and Gabbert who in all likely hood will be a bust (based on percentages that actually do work out) isn't making hte same mistakes over and over?

Clausen, Newton, then who?

fact is, teams who are more intelligent than you all will ever be whiff on QBs all the f**king time. Being cautious should be expected, unless your name is Al Davis.

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

you all confuse being conservative with assuming Newton or Gabbert are guaranteed all pro's..

I have not heard any pro Cam guys claiming such....only that has potential/ceiling was so high that it was worth the risk.

I didn't realize there was even a Gabbert bandwagon.

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

and grabbing Newton and Gabbert who in all likely hood will be a bust (based on percentages that actually do work out) isn't making hte same mistakes over and over?

Clausen, Newton, then who?

fact is, teams who are more intelligent than you all will ever be whiff on QBs all the f**king time. Being cautious should be expected, unless your name is Al Davis.

Clausen and Newton shouldn't be talked about in the same sentence.

Clausen is a low ceiling athlete who didn't win in college but was groomed to be a "QB".

Cam is a high ceiling athlete who won the National Championship on a team out of the SEC......and was a one make wrecking crew.

#40 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

I have not heard any pro Cam guys claiming such....only that has potential/ceiling was so high that it was worth the risk.

I think AJ Green's potential is greater. He could be the best WR in the league in 5 years. I don't think that anyone can say that about cameron. Doesn't mean picking AJGreen is conservative. Fox likely wouldn't have taken him either.

#41 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

You would think after all the complaining about the conservative nature of the John Fox era people here would be more apt to take risk. However from a lot of comments and post it seems like John Fox is still here.

Drafting a cornerback , DT at #1?
We need a traditional pocket passing QB.
Complaining that a QB made a play to ice the game instead of taking a knee?
Tanking the year so we can get a better QB(arguably) next year?
Hoping that our horrible QB play from last year was just bad play calling?

Or maybe it's just me reading into things..........

How do you know? If you have been reading, then you would know you are about the 20th person to start this exact thread.

#42 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

I don't think that you can label people that don't want Cameron as being conservative.

AJGreen is the most dynamic offensive talent in the draft in my opinion, that's why you take him. I feel that the team isn't going to win right away anyhow so the team should build for the future with great talent. AJ Green was one of the top recruits out of HS and has kept his game at a high level while improving each and every year. He is the closest that this draft has to a can't miss prospect. That doesn't make me conservative because I want the Panthers to pick him over Cameron.

and if you put Jimmy Clausen on the field w/ him, AJ Green is a mute point/pick.

Edited by CRA, 20 April 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#43 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

and if you put Jimmy Clausen on the field w/ him AJ Green is a mute point/pick.

Who said Clausen was going to be our QB?

#44 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

here's the thing you all need to understand...

realistically, how can you separate the 2? you have your opinions.. I include both because there's no way I can say Gabbert will fail and Newton will succeed or vice versa..

You all claim to know this secret information.. The same "pro Cam" guys can be said about "Pro Gabbert".. you may not see many in this forum, but this forum isn't the end all, be all in the football world. Matter of fact, the only 1's who do matter are the teams picking these 2 guys.

Great reports have come out about both. Only fools will sit down on a computer and act like they know more about one player than the other.

Cam has a lot of potential, but that doesn't mean poo if he becomes a bust and you all spent all off season criticizing people for being ignorant or conservative because they didn't see much difference to take a chance on Newton.

Fact is, Newton has some glaring concerns that we'll have to wait and see if they are a big deal or not.

Charlie Casserly spoke today about his concerns that Newton missed a lot of players last year who were wide open. His ability to process information is a major concern. (for the record, JUST LIKE WITH EVERY QB. WHITE OR BLACK.)

the fact that you just took my comment which included both and tried to divert my point into Cam -vs- Gabbert speaks volumes about this forum recently.

None of you f**kers have a clue what will happen in the future. Yet you beat your chest like you know something someone else hasn't figured out.

Newton has just as many concerns as Gabbert. Gabbert has just as many physical attributes as Newton, minus 20LBS. Both need to know how to process information and no one can point to FACTS about why one can and the other can't.

btw, no offense CRA.. I'm saying this to anyone.

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

Who said Clausen was going to be our QB?

currently he is......

Carolina has been proven dumb enough to do something as stupid as starting him again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com