Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaCatBrigade

The Cam Newton Effect

41 posts in this topic

Gabbert's wonderlic was 42 Newton's was 21

Plus Gabbert has never been arrested for theft.

Or been caught cheating and lying. Those are

NOT the attributes of a "Face of Our Franchise"

We can do better then Newton at the #1 pick.

Sailor Jerry

I'll take the "dumb thug" over pretty boy Gabbert

EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! America doesn't care.. We only care about WINNERS!

That's what Cam is... Whether we take him or not!

I personally believe that Jake Locker will be the best QB in the class. Call me stupid or crazy... The future has all the answers!

Gabbert's wonderlic was 42 Newton's was 21

Plus Gabbert has never been arrested for theft.

Or been caught cheating and lying. Those are

NOT the attributes of a "Face of Our Franchise"

We can do better then Newton at the #1 pick.

Sailor Jerry

Gabberts wonderlic was actually 32..so yes technically he is lying by letting people think its a 42.

If he's good enough to be taken in the top 10 then he is good enough to be taken #1

I always find it hunorous when people bring up character issues, sure there have been several situations in recent memory. But, since the allegations/charges involving the laptop etc. What trouble was he involved in? And aren't those issues older than two years?

To my understanding (not a Cam/Auburn/College football in depth follower), the only issue surrounding him recently was the "Pay for Play" fiasco where his father was the one involved. So I mean since I assume he learned his lesson over a dumb decision he likely made when he was 18-19 years old (laptop) is it not time to give the young man the benefit of the doubt.

If anything he showed great leadership and resilliance dealing with that "Pay for Play" nearly ALL seaosn and still he was able to win. I dunno about most of you but that's what stands out more to me vs a bad decision he made years ago. Just saying, because WE ALL have skeletons in our closets and at some point in our lives did something that we are not proud of and may be ashamed of, but that doesn't mean WE ALL suffer from "Character Issues". Just keep it 100% with yourselves before you judge other people.

Just keep it 100% with yourselves before you judge other people.

I know my flaws.

I also know when I was 20, nobody would have ever paid me several million dollars considering what was going on in my life, even if I was a talented football player. :P

Character matters. QBs especially are held to a higher level than most. That doesn't mean a QB has to be perfect but it does mean that for guys coming into the NFL there is tremendous scrutiny. I don't think Cam's past is going to hold him back in the NFL, but it's legitimate to investigate it and to be concerned about it.

1 person likes this

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Darvinsun

1. 1
    2. 2
      SCP
      SCP
    3. 3