Photo
- - - - -

To Mr. Scot and those who share his view.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#121 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

I will completely agree with that. My point is the back and forth hate is stupid. I hope you agree with me.

I agree any hate is stupid. But it doesn't take "hate" to believe that a certain guy is not the best pick in the draft.

#122 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

Oh of course what makes you think otherwise? There are also people who want Newton over luck for football reasons. It is all just an opinion.

The fact that you asked a question with an answer that you couldn't accept when it was deviant from what you expected.

When Mr. Scott stated his response plainly, you insisted that he hadn't answered your question. The simple truth is that he answered it as a person that thinks in football terms and you refused to accept his answer on its own merits. Rather, you insinuated your own narrative involving more nefarious motivations regarding Cam Newton's value as a draft pick rather than accepting Mr Scott's own words for what he thinks. He has been very direct, insightful, and plain-spoken on the matter for months now. Why is it so hard to take him at his word?

#123 pepaw

pepaw

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

. I tried to flip it so for once the haters would have to put up a defense as to why luck is the better pick that is all.

Luck is the better prospect because he is more accurate, better feet, pocket awareness, further ahead on reads, an unquestioned work ethic and a squeaky clean past.

#124 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

I cant wait for thursday to be over with

#125 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

It was when Andrew Luck was still in play a few months back

He was going anywhere from a 2nd rounder to a 3rd. I remember seeing this but I'll have to do a search...

As recently as November he wasn't a projected 1st rounder. After the season mocks have always had him as a first rounder, but certainly not a top 5 or often even top 10 immediately afterwards.

#126 guffeyp

guffeyp

ROOKIE

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Having 6 offensive players leave that have the ability to get drafted and another 4 or 5 graduating is a lot. Regardless of where they get drafted at, the fact that one is the Center and the other is the LT (one of the Guards is also graduating) ... Thats big, especially when the Center is as good as Chase Beeler is. Also Owen Marecic is a big loss for Stanford as well.

I got an honest question for you not criticizing. Why is Chase Beeler projected to go undrafted when he was an all-american? Center is the probably the second most important position on the line so it doesn't make sense. I will agree with you on him and Marecic (FB), but I think the other lineman can be replaced.

#127 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

I cant say that I share the views of Mr Scot because quite frankly I dont know all his views.I enjoy reading his post and feel he makes some good points. My view is assuming we are talking about the Panthers with our current skill set I would choose Luck....saying that there is no guaretee he will not bust .In my opinion the qb should be the most important position on the team.....very important pick. The bottom line is you have to look at players upside but be just as diligent in understanding potential pit falls.

You also have to evaluate in giving this person $35 million dollars over the couse of several years.Will he still have the same passion to play and excel as before he was rich?