94 replies to this topic

#91 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

Name one team willing to pay 3 million for his tender.

Oh wait, there is none.

Who is dead wrong now? Oh yeah, that would be YOU.

We don't know that... Your guess is as good as his... There may be a team out there willing. It only takes 1.

#92 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

We don't know that... Your guess is as good as his... There may be a team out there willing. It only takes 1.

You are right that we have no idea how much anyone would pay, but there have been reports of interest.

That's all I'm saying... not that he WILL end up elsewhere, but that if the tender doesn't stand, he WILL have options.

#93 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,312 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

Well I think the Panthers have to get him back, Clausen is not the answer. Moore at least showed promise and for all we know he could have been hiding an injury that affected his play.

Overall though, Clausen just does not have the football IQ, Rivera will not start a rookie, and other than Bulger I think Moore is the Panthers best option until Newton is able to take over.

#94 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

When we draft Newton, I don't think he will be forced into anything. Depending on Moore, Clausen will get another shot at being the starter.

My progression goes like this (again, things can change like Moore leaving):

We draft Newton. We like his abilities, leadership, charisma, talent. He comes in 3rd on the depth chart.

Clausen and Moore compete for starter. Preseason will be mostly Clausen and Moore, with Newton getting a few snaps, mostly at the end of the game.

Clausen or Moore start week 1. Based on performance, after a few games make a decision. Keep your starter or move to number 2. Based on number 2's performance, decide to keep him as starter or give number 1 another shot. After both Clausen and Moore fail twice (if they do at all) that is when you start Newton.

This will allow the more experienced QB's to help us win. Newton sits, learns, observes, etc.

Newton should only start if we really need him to like injuries or complete failure by the other 2 QB's. Then, next NEXT season, we see where is at.

This lets us formulate QB's, and find the franchise guy, which is the most important thing right now.

#95 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,312 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

When we draft Newton, I don't think he will be forced into anything. Depending on Moore, Clausen will get another shot at being the starter.

My progression goes like this (again, things can change like Moore leaving):

We draft Newton. We like his abilities, leadership, charisma, talent. He comes in 3rd on the depth chart.

Clausen and Moore compete for starter. Preseason will be mostly Clausen and Moore, with Newton getting a few snaps, mostly at the end of the game.

Clausen or Moore start week 1. Based on performance, after a few games make a decision. Keep your starter or move to number 2. Based on number 2's performance, decide to keep him as starter or give number 1 another shot. After both Clausen and Moore fail twice (if they do at all) that is when you start Newton.

This will allow the more experienced QB's to help us win. Newton sits, learns, observes, etc.

Newton should only start if we really need him to like injuries or complete failure by the other 2 QB's. Then, next NEXT season, we see where is at.

This lets us formulate QB's, and find the franchise guy, which is the most important thing right now.

I would say, Newton sees all the reps in the fourth quarter and possibly some in the third of each game. You don't draft a QB #1 overall and then not let him play when he is supposed to play. Pre-Season time will be Cam Newton's main season in my honest opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com