Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sword

Clausen stopped listening to coaches

163 posts in this topic

Smart move on his part.

This. Normally I'd frown on this kind of thing, but considering the people he was taking instructions from, it's probably a good thing.

Lol now if cam came in now listening to shyt...man some of yall folks are so desperate its insane, I don't even know why I'm wasting my time. Let Everett Brown stop listening to coaches, let d will, or jon beason, let mike goodson stop listening to coaches....

in the end this does not matter.

It is pretty obvious that we are going QB, Newton most likely or Gabbert, either way Clausen has his chance to prove himself ( if we have a season ) during camps. He either steps up or is replaced, plain and simple.

I find this kind of funny if Jimmy did that. Fox: Run a draw for this 3rd & 15, Clausen: Hell no! lol. I have to admit, I like the kid eventhough he had a bad rookie year. This kid might be better than what we saw, which really wouldn't take much. This QB competition this year will be very interesting and to me, this will show a lot about who we will finally go with.

1 person likes this

Yay so now on 3rd and 15 we can draw with the QB instead of the running back .. if we wanted an average QB who can run why wouldn't we just get The Golden Calf of Bristol ?

Definitely not a good sign. Despite how terrible Rip was, there's a pecking order that needs to be respected on a football team just like there is in any team

Why so he can try and throw to him while he is being triple covered.

I would personally be thrilled if our tight-end was drawing triple coverage.

I would personally be thrilled if our tight-end was drawing triple coverage.

you have to excuse some of the other posters here, they have forgotten that you can have more than one receiver running a route on any given play. ;)

I'll make it official now, I want Cam Newton. And I defended Jimmy for the entire season and offseason until now.

1. Clausen is not a leader, he doesn't inspire his teammates, and he has a selfish attitude obviously.

2. Steve Smith will kill him if he starts playing like he did this past year. That interception against the Saints was a horrific read, and he didn't look at any of his WR's

3. Cam Newton is a leader, and most importantly a winner, which Clausen was not in college. Jimmy never felt like he had anything to prove, Cam KNOWS he has something to prove.

4. Cam Newton has good escapability and is a playmaker. Jimmy has never been confused with having those attributes.

5. Cam Newton wants to be Great, while Jimmy is content with being a NFL QB. That is pretty evident.

When Matt Moore started everyone called for Clausen, When Clausen started everyone called for Pike, When Pike got some playing time everyone called for AE. When AE didn't start we settled for St. Pierre and Null.

Could it be, that not just our staff but our entire QB corp SUCKED.

We got rid of one of the SUCKERS in the staff, now lets get rid of the rest in the QB's and lets take a chance for once.