• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#151 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

Pretty funny that most people on this board blame this on the coaching staff.

an NFL ready QB takes the plays his coach gives him and makes it happen. Missing open receivers, being confused in the pocket and mismanaging games can't be blamed on the coach.

its like... Clausen rolls left and overthrows a wide open LaFell by 3 yards...Fox's fault

#152 RHCPanther

RHCPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Right after his quote in that particular chat I asked for clarification. His response was

I think it’s reasonable to argue he thought he was getting bad coaching.

Later when it became clearly that we were seriously looking at the QBs in the draft I asked him when Clausen was getting cut. His responses are here, here and here.

You remember how long HIM held on? The Jimmy will have more chances.

One small point to make re: The Jimmy: Notice when Fox took most of his staff to Denver, he didn't ask OC/QB coach to join 'em. Coincidence?

Can't absolve Jimmy of his role in last year's disaster (he was after all the lowest-rated passer in the NFL), but there was plenty of help.

I think Jimmy has the ability to do well in the NFL. I don't know if he is going to be playing for the Panthers though. As Cyberjag noted, the comment "He stopped listening to coaches" is not specific enough. When did he stop listening to the coaches? With 3 games left on the schedule or when he got benched for the first time? Was it possible that what he was told was unreasonable? We don't know the answers to all of that. It is a vague statement and I wonder why it was made in the first place, given that it was so vague.

#153 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,840 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:22 AM

Jimmy is a QB not a QB

#154 RHCPanther

RHCPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

Jimmy is a QB not a QB

what does this mean? I must be missing some sort of reference here.

#155 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,711 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

Right after his quote in that particular chat I asked for clarification. His response was

Later when it became clearly that we were seriously looking at the QBs in the draft I asked him when Clausen was getting cut. His responses are here, here and here.

I think Jimmy has the ability to do well in the NFL. I don't know if he is going to be playing for the Panthers though. As Cyberjag noted, the comment "He stopped listening to coaches" is not specific enough. When did he stop listening to the coaches? With 3 games left on the schedule or when he got benched for the first time? Was it possible that what he was told was unreasonable? We don't know the answers to all of that. It is a vague statement and I wonder why it was made in the first place, given that it was so vague.

People keep saying this.....but until further notice......there is no evidence suggesting Clausen belongs on an NFL field.

#156 RHCPanther

RHCPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

People keep saying this.....but until further notice......there is no evidence suggesting Clausen belongs on an NFL field.

I am aware that 99% of football fans feel differently. I am not changing my stance on that yet.

#157 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Same could be said June of 2006 about Philip Rivers.

Also in June 2008 about Rodgers.

#158 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,711 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Same could be said June of 2006 about Philip Rivers.

Also in June 2008 about Rodgers.

Rivers had 30 pass attempts in 2 years - 0 starts
Rodgers had 59 pass attempts in 3 years - 0 starts

Jimmy Clausen has 299 pass attempts in year 1 and 10 starts......big difference.

I fail to see how those guys showed the suckage Clausen did. Those guys had shown nothing overall (good or bad)....Clausen showed A LOT of CRAP.

Edited by CRA, 25 April 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#159 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

I am aware that 99% of football fans feel differently. I am not changing my stance on that yet.

CRA hardly represents 99% of football fans. I figure the actual odds are closer to 50/50 among active message board posters. And I think that in the Panters organization the odds are lower than that. Anyone who thinks that last year represented a good environment in which to judge any player's progress is someone who's opinion won't weigh heavily with me at all.

#160 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,711 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

CRA hardly represents 99% of football fans. I figure the actual odds are closer to 50/50 among active message board posters. And I think that in the Panters organization the odds are lower than that. Anyone who thinks that last year represented a good environment in which to judge any player's progress is someone who's opinion won't weigh heavily with me at all.

I seriously doubt 50% of the people on planet Earth think Clausen will be a successful NFL QB. I doubt 50% of NFL fans think it and I doubt 50% of Panther fans think it....

in 3 days, the FO will voice what they think...

#161 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

I seriously doubt 50% of the people on planet Earth have any idea who Jimmy Clausen is, so congratulations on being right. :D

#162 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,711 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

I seriously doubt 50% of the people on planet Earth have any idea who Jimmy Clausen is, so congratulations on being right. :D

I'll take it :D

#163 James Dator

James Dator

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

Since there seems to be some questions about the validity of this source (aka me) I thought I would come here to clarify exactly what was said as we have written on Cat Scratch Reader.

Unfortunately the chat with Darin Gantt which occurred on 2/25/11 has since been overwritten on the CO website numerous times, and this is unfortunately something that happens with that chat design.

If you're looking for the genesis of this situation the first part was actually quoted by another user you can find here:
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/2/25/2014514/do-ron-riveras-latest-words-portend-clausens-end-in-carolina#60039328

Originally this piece was not about Gantt's chat, but rather discussing Rivera's discussion of Clausen.

However, here is exactly what was said:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Chat User (name unknown): Clausen hasn’t shown anything to make us believe he could be a starting NFL QB, but did the previous coaching regime do enough to help him get there?

Darin Gantt: Probably not. The fact he quit listening to them at some point probably didn’t help.

(later)

James Dator: Can you clarify the comment about Clausen not listening to the coaches?

Darin Gantt: I think it’s reasonable to argue he thought he was getting bad coaching.
----------------------------------------------------------
My quote used in this thread was not verbatim, but it was a pretty close approximation. I don't normally watch myself in comment sections as I would when writing an article.

Just wanted to get as much information out there as I can.

#164 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

Since there seems to be some questions about the validity of this source (aka me) I thought I would come here to clarify exactly what was said as we have written on Cat Scratch Reader.

Unfortunately the chat with Darin Gantt which occurred on 2/25/11 has since been overwritten on the CO website numerous times, and this is unfortunately something that happens with that chat design.

If you're looking for the genesis of this situation the first part was actually quoted by another user you can find here:
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/2/25/2014514/do-ron-riveras-latest-words-portend-clausens-end-in-carolina#60039328

Originally this piece was not about Gantt's chat, but rather discussing Rivera's discussion of Clausen.

However, here is exactly what was said:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Chat User (name unknown): Clausen hasn’t shown anything to make us believe he could be a starting NFL QB, but did the previous coaching regime do enough to help him get there?

Darin Gantt: Probably not. The fact he quit listening to them at some point probably didn’t help.

(later)

James Dator: Can you clarify the comment about Clausen not listening to the coaches?

Darin Gantt: I think it’s reasonable to argue he thought he was getting bad coaching.
----------------------------------------------------------
My quote used in this thread was not verbatim, but it was a pretty close approximation. I don't normally watch myself in comment sections as I would when writing an article.

Just wanted to get as much information out there as I can.

thanks james, the only reason I posted this thread is because I would get questioned about where I got my info about him not listening to the coaches. i also looked for the chat and it took my awhile to find what you requoted. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com