Photo
- - - - -

Clausen stopped listening to coaches

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
163 replies to this topic

#121 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

When Matt Moore started everyone called for Clausen, When Clausen started everyone called for Pike, When Pike got some playing time everyone called for AE. When AE didn't start we settled for St. Pierre and Null.

Could it be, that not just our staff but our entire QB corp SUCKED.

We got rid of one of the SUCKERS in the staff, now lets get rid of the rest in the QB's and lets take a chance for once.

#122 Punisher

Punisher

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

The coaches were telling him to throw the ball deep, but he didn't want to listen.

#123 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

The coaches were telling him to throw the ball deep, but he didn't want to listen.

Well in that case, it was a good thing because when he finally did start listening, every deep ball was picked off.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 23 April 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#124 Punisher

Punisher

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

Why are we giving Jimmy praise for not listening to coaches while not giving everyone else criticism for listening to the coaches? Damn you Beason and Williams.

#125 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Ok sorry back to bashing Clausen for not listening to his coaches.

I mean everyone said they were sorry to see Fox go and they loved him as a coach. Except Jimmy he wanted to kill him.

#126 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Since people always seem to question me when I bring this up, I found a place where it's quoted from his chat.
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/3/31/2083769/independent-scout-mike-giddings-and-advisor-to-the-panthers

So there.

Do you realize who you're quoting? I mean, I like James and all, but he's no more informed than you or I. And he's "quoting" Gantt without a link, as if Gantt made a tweet or a blog post that Clausen didn't listen to his coaches. And you're grabbing the content from the comments thread at that. What's the functional difference between this source here and finding something PStall said in a thread about Clausen and treating that as God's wisdom?

I think that it may be likely that Clausen chose not to listen to Scherer regarding some mechanics, but I doubt he ignored Davidson or Fox. Or maybe he chose to ignore the coach's advice regarding his injury. Or he might have been out there calling his own plays. There's a ton of context that's lacking from that post which could make it mean many different things. So really, because it can mean almost anything, it doesn't mean anything.

#127 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Do you realize who you're quoting? I mean, I like James and all, but he's no more informed than you or I. And he's "quoting" Gantt without a link, as if Gantt made a tweet or a blog post that Clausen didn't listen to his coaches. And you're grabbing the content from the comments thread at that. What's the functional difference between this source here and finding something PStall said in a thread about Clausen and treating that as God's wisdom?

I think that it may be likely that Clausen chose not to listen to Scherer regarding some mechanics, but I doubt he ignored Davidson or Fox. Or maybe he chose to ignore the coach's advice regarding his injury. Or he might have been out there calling his own plays. There's a ton of context that's lacking from that post which could make it mean many different things. So really, because it can mean almost anything, it doesn't mean anything.

Look, i had read it in a chat back in february; that chat was long since overwritten. It's the only place I could find the quote, so I had to make due. I know Gantt said it, but hey believe what you want.

#128 PackPanther

PackPanther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:42 PM

Maybe we should give Clausen a little more credit. Sounds like he was trying to figure out the NFL all on his own haha.

#129 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

I can't defend a guy not listening to coaches, even bad ones.

I'll grant that the situation was awful last year and there have been some statements about the coaches not even really coaching, but you still have to give it your personal best even in a bad situation like that.

For what it's worth, people have been saying that Clausen's working his tail off this offseason. I hope that's true.

#130 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

I think all three QB's deserve a pass and a shot with the new regime and an actual QB coach.

I'd agree with that.

But if I were Rivera, I'd still make a mental note of this story (if true).

Today, there was a grammatical error made... That will live in infamy.

(What do I when?)

A visit from Tommy Jone.