Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I came to a realization today...

250 posts in this topic

Posted

Dareus has lost a little steam to me. He is going to be good IMO but I haven't seen anything that makes me feel he is going to be special.

I just have a feeling that Dareus is going to be a very above average DT that gets 4-5 sacks a year and does a very good job inside. I just don't see him being a big time disruptor in the backfield on passing downs. But I also have no doubt that he is going to be a really good DT (I'm not bashing the guy).

It is weird because Fairley and Cam both come from Auburn and both are very similar issues in terms of NFL projections. Both have a chance to be superstars at their positions but also have chances to be busts.

I definitely still have Cam #1. But if we don't go there I think I would rather see us go PP7. Especially if Peterson agrees to return kicks and punts.

I agree 100% on your opinion of dareus. I don't think he will be a suh, but I do think he will be a damn good DT.

With Smitty not wanting to be here and everything, I would really not be surprised if we find a way to take AJ Green.

Posted

I just really can't wait to see who it is so we can then move on....Whomever it is... I'm so tired of waiting it's almost like I don't even care anymore

Posted

if he's not as good as suh then he probably shouldn't get paid more then suh..and i wouldn't hope for any trades since most teams are probably comfortable with all the players in the top 10 and none of them really stand as the ultimate pick they covet.

I'm certainly not going to waver on who i want the Panthers to pick until the pick is made..then we can all just finally move on hopefully, whatever way it goes. However some people probably won't let go either way.

Posted

if he's not as good as suh then he probably shouldn't get paid more then suh..

Flawed logic.

I don't want Newton or Bowers, I could live with about anyone else.

Posted

Flawed logic.

I don't want Newton or Bowers, I could live with about anyone else.

if that's what you think..just don't think a DT is worth the number one pick when you can probably get another guy in the later rounds for cheaper and barely notice the difference.

Posted

Speakin' of Suh, he may have been that pick that finally elevates Detroit and the funny thing is with Stafford always injured they still have QB problems.

Posted

if that's what you think..just don't think a DT is worth the number one pick when you can probably get another guy in the later rounds for cheaper and barely notice the difference.

I think you'd notice the difference, Dareus earned his reputation and his ranking, there's a reason he's the consensus #1 DT.

Posted

maybe..sometimes it also takes DTs a couple years to play up to a pro-level as well..I mean I'm not going to complain if we draft him if that's who they really want; but I can only seeing it making our D somewhat better in the long run but our offense will continue to be what it is for many more years.

Posted

Fair enough, but drafting QB isn't likely to make us any better this year either. Dareus is a plug and play, day one starter who makes Beason better by being on the field.

Posted

once again I have been stepped on... read post #12

Posted

Way too much to read.

Posted

once again I have been stepped on... read post #12

Your post was terrible.

You say Clausen looks retarded, you don't want Gabbert because he has a "homo" aura, you bring up the Heisman and the NC as reasons to draft Cam, etc.

It was honestly one of the worsts posts I've read here.

Then you top it off with "Obviously I know football" which isn't true at all.

My advice? Stop posting.

1 person likes this