Photo
- - - - -

Draft Marcell Dareus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#37 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

If Dareus is drafted #1 , I will be dissapointed merely for the fact that would mean Hurney, Rivera and Co. didnt think Cam will be a franchise QB and then we will be putting our hopes in either Clausen, Pike or Moore (if he signs here) and most likely we will end up suffering through anothers season in the cellar with nothing but hope for next seasons draft :banghead:

Or, you could be happy because that would mean they didn't reach for a QB and instead decided to go with someone who could have an immediate impact... I'll be happy with whoever we draft.

#38 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Seriously, what the fug happened to this forum. New level of horrible on display. The A-team is in hiding in the Lounge until August.

#39 grateflday

grateflday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

Or, you could be happy because that would mean they didn't reach for a QB and instead decided to go with someone who could have an immediate impact... I'll be happy with whoever we draft.

I said "I would be dissapointed because drafting Dareus meant Hurney, Rivera, etc dont think he will be a franchise QB........"

The bold part is why I wont be happy. I will be glad they got a top level DT but overall I think the Panthers will pick Cam only if they DO feel he will be a franchise guy. If they pick him its not a reach, in my opinion, because I dont think Hurney will go that direction unless they believe he will be.

#40 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

I said "I would be dissapointed because drafting Dareus meant Hurney, Rivera, etc dont think he will be a franchise QB........"

The bold part is why I wont be happy. I will be glad they got a top level DT but overall I think the Panthers will pick Cam only if they DO feel he will be a franchise guy. If they pick him its not a reach, in my opinion, because I dont think Hurney will go that direction unless they believe he will be.

I know, was just trying to offer you a different way on it. If they don't think he was that guy, we could look it as a good thing we passed on him!

I'm basically just trying to stay positive. :P

#41 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Seriously, what the fug happened to this forum. New level of horrible on display. The A-team is in hiding in the Lounge until August.

You ARE the A team, brother!

#42 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

DAR - E - US!!! PHUCK YEAH! :biggrinjester:

#43 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

Then get the worst record in the league in a season shortened by the lockout and draft Andrew Luck.

I'm just saying guys, I'm just fuging saying. I know certain people like Panthro been saying if your rooting for Panthers to have a bad season then you are not a fan but I will have on bad season to get a franchise QB.

I don't think there are any in this seasons draft and I think Andrew Luck is one.

I'm just saying!!!!!

^^ Spoken like someone who doesnt have a PSL.

#44 Jerry

Jerry

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Get Dareus and you have no problems,no baggage,no entourage
hanging around. No arrest records.

Just a solid all-pro you can plug in from day 1 who will make plays
forse turnovers,shorten the field sack the QBs. No fuss just plain
solid football.

Sailor Jerry

#45 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

yep I agree with the thsailor,

I have officially joined the Dareus is the baddest mama jama club but I must say that #7 is still a close second.

Hope we get em.

#46 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

IDK I really like the guy. He is a stud DT. I just dont know if I want to pay him 40 to 50 million and he doesnt have an impact that we are looking for. If we draft him so be it. Im pulling for anybody thats going to help us Win. But paying a guy that much money who will only average 5 to 6 sacks IDK.

The churches money is on the ground. Warren Sapp.

#47 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

gauging a DTs performance based on the number of sacks he gets = proof that people don't know squat about the position.

#48 Zithers

Zithers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

DTs also do this thing known as clogging up the run...

Would have helped last year when we allowed 20 TDs on the ground. Having a bunch of 285 lb guys playing there isn't gonna cut it.

Edit: Also taking up lots of blockers to help Charles Johnson get more sacks 8)