Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swarly

Does Greg Hardy get the starting role?

theyhateme45    105

If you don't think Johnson will be back with the Panthers then you are on Ryan Mallets crack. Johnson and Beason anchored the defense this year and the coaches coming in now that. I can guarantee you that Meeks has already relayed this information to McDermott and Rivera and when the CBA finally gets put in place, Johnson will sign with the Panthers. Finally money is not a factor it's just all depending on how cheap Hurney wants to be.

At the end of the day he is a free agent! I do not know why you constantly make post like what you say is 100% factual. Does it make sense for Carolina to re-sign him? Hell yes! Does the front office want to resign him? I believe Hell Yes! How much will Carolina pay??? I don't know, but I believe it will be fair.

Will another team over pay for him? Possibly? Will he want to go to another team? Who knows?? Players usually say the right things until they actually leave. He may get an offer to play in a city he always wanted to live in... there are always player factors we don't know..

As an example I have a family member that played in the NFL recently... he was a big name free agent, but one of the reasons he left the team the media never knew.... there was some difference of opinions between players in the locker room...of course the media never knew this. Then a team offered him big $$$ in california, but with the taxes he would pay in the state it was less than he would make at this other city. Just goes to show we don't always know what is important to a player or what factors are important in his decisions....

We just make our best guesses.

theyhateme45    105

It's fact that Johnson will stay in Carolina as far as I'm concerned

we have the cap room

he's extremely valuable

and Johnson wants to stay in Carolina

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41722874/sports/player_news

"I hope I do".... I just don't understand who you can say it's fact and your not him or Carolina. Strong belief... yes, Factual, no. Anything can happen or change.

Nicbsbll2    293

If you let Charles Johnson get away then you completely turn your back on the entire "build through the draft"/"develop young talent" approach.

And you say goodbye to the majority of the fan base that we still have..

theyhateme45    105

If you let Charles Johnson get away then you completely turn your back on the entire "build through the draft"/"develop young talent" approach.

True, but he is a free agent so Carolina does not 100% control what happens with Charles...

Carolina is 100% in control because he was their last team, and to my knowledge Johnson enjoys playing for the Panthers and if you think the Panthers will let him walk like they did Peppers then you are an ignorant SOB. The Panthers pay Johnson and Johnson is locked up, it's not rocket science.

Regarding your last post

I don't know where you come off attacking me the way you did but you need to change your internet tone.

theyhateme45    105

Carolina is 100% in control because he was their last team, and to my knowledge Johnson enjoys playing for the Panthers and if you think the Panthers will let him walk like they did Peppers then you are an ignorant SOB. The Panthers pay Johnson and Johnson is locked up, it's not rocket science.

Regarding your last post

I don't know where you come off attacking me the way you did but you need to change your internet tone.

A team is not in 100% control of any player who is a free agent and not franchised... free means you are free to go where you want and do what you want... Not the team decides what your future is.

As far as you know CJ wants to stay here, but that is not fact and we don't know what is truly important to him.

Attacking you??? I simply said you should not say things are facts when they are infact opinions, strong beliefs, resonable assumptions or whatever you want to call them.

MHS831    4,857

Biggest reason I think most of our free agents will be back is the Panthers literally have to spend upwards of $50 million dollars just to reach the salary FLOOR. If they have to overpay Johnson I'm 100% fine with that. The guy is going to be a star in this league.

This--and he is 24. You do not let him walk. They have an agreement with CJ and he is their priority. He will be a panther.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SeminoleDoug