Photo
- - - - -

What would be the best possible combination of picks for 11/12?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

Meaning this years picks mixed with next years. Duh.

I've read a lot of sites that say we'll take Cam Newton this year and then take Alshon Jeffers next. But I say why settle for two second rate propspects when we could have this guy this year.

AJ Green is like the prototype WR. He can jump, he can catch, and he can run. He's the best WR I've seen since Calvin Johnson. Amazing WRs don't come around every single year so I say we take the franchise WR this year and then next take....

Matt Barkley. Isn't he amazing? He forces the ball into holes that Cam couldn't even hit. With Matt Barkley throwing and AJ Green catching we'd have an elite tandem. I know that chances are it will NEVER happen but a boy can dream. What would your dream scenario be?

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

Talking about specifics in next years draft is just stupid.

#3 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

It's not stupid when two franchise QBs are going to be in the draft and that's exactly what we need right now. There's nothing wrong with looking ahead.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Alshon Jeffery is way better than A.J. Green, first off look at their stats (they played in the same conference and Alshon tore it up). Now before I get flamed for saying look at on-field production a.k.a stats, look at build. They are nearly the same person via height, weight, speed, agility, etc. So really you can only go off of production and attitude. Jeffery has never been in trouble with the NCAA and he also performed way better than Green in my opinion in the same conference. I posted this in another thread but I will shift it over here.

Alshon Jeffery is a stud. He has the height to be a dominate receiver and the speed to be a threat anywhere on the field. He is better than A.J. Green in my opinion because to my knowledge Jeffery has never been in trouble with the NCAA for anything and his numbers prove his capability as where Green's do not.

Alshon Jeffery is a carbon copy of Brandon Marshall (Just the way they play football, not their personal lives.

Alshon Jeffery: 6-4, 233 lbs. 40 time- 4.56
Brandon Marshall: 6-4, 230 lbs. 40 time 4.56

Other than 3 lbs. they have the same build and their athleticism and ability to play speaks for themselves.

Alshon Jeffery Notes
12 out of the 14 games Jeffery played, he caught 5 or more passes.
8 out of the 14 games Jeffery played, he had over 100 receiving yards.
12 out of the 14 games Jeffery played, he averaged a first down every reception.
7 out of the 14 games Jeffery played, he caught a touchdown pass.

#5 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

Could we atleast wait until THIS season is over? good grief.

#6 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

aj green missed his 1st four games and got the same amount of tds as jeffery with about 30 less catches.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

Look for Tyler Watson, LB, in 2029. Kids gonna be a stud!

#8 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Jeffery isn't even the best WR prospect for '12 (Blackmon).

And I'm pretty sure most analysts would take Green over Blackmon.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

aj green missed his 1st four games and got the same amount of tds as jeffery with about 30 less catches.

Thats awesome, unfortunatley Green is the only target for Georgia.

SC had Jeffery, Lattimore, Gurley, and DiMarco. SC can afford to spread the ball around a bit. Georgia can not.

#10 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

Or what about Marshall Manning? (Peyton Manning's Newborn son) 2034 draft here we COME!

#11 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

CCS.... Ask Detroit about taking WR's first in the draft! How'd that work out for them??

Dream scenario?? Every single player that we draft this year fighting one another for the NFL's MVP honors!

Now that's a dream... But back to REALITY

#12 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Talking about specifics in next years draft is just stupid.

Talking conjecture over things that we have no control... So how is that any more stupid than any other discussion on this board?

#13 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Barkley- Wins like Clausen and has Lienart's undeserved sense of entitlement. Didn't Jake Locker outscore him this year with a much worse team? But Locker sucks and Barkley is the man. Right? WTF. Why the hell are so many of you swinging off his nuts?

I would take Alshon in a heart beat. Saying who will be better between he and Green is a tough call. Both will do very well in the NFL IMO

Edited by CAVSS, 24 April 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#14 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Thats awesome, unfortunatley Green is the only target for Georgia.

SC had Jeffery, Lattimore, Gurley, and DiMarco. SC can afford to spread the ball around a bit. Georgia can not.

so green had about the same stats with a much worse supporting cast and 4 less games than jeffery? that would make green better, wouldnt it?

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,594 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

so green had about the same stats with a much worse supporting cast and 4 less games than jeffery? that would make green better, wouldnt it?

No it means that he gets all the balls as where Jeffery has to wait because Garcia spreads it around. By the way the only thing the two are remotely close on is TD's. Everything else, Jeffery blew him out of the water on, and I don't care that he missed his first four games, he shouldn't have sold his jersey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com