Photo
- - - - -

What would be the best possible combination of picks for 11/12?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

For everyone being a smartass, I guess you'd rather have more Cam Newton threads?

I looked up the dude from SC's highlights and he looked really good. I still like Green just a tad bit better though. If we get Cam this year I'd say they'll go WR next to help him out. I think Alshon would beat out Blackmon for that honor.

#17 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'll play along...

My QB of choice is Landry Jones. Pending the next college season, I see him at or maybe even above Luck in my book. I base this after his crazy improvement in nearly every part of his game within one year. From 58.1% to 65.6%, 7.12 to 7.65 ypa...that is very telling imo and from watching his games, which I do because I enjoy Sooner football, I think he's more than a OK system QB. I'll be watching him closely this next college season. Overall, I think we'll be in great position to draft him in the top-13 next year which we most likely will be. So...my top combo goes:

2011: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU (or) Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
2012: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

edited for Jones vids:

Now Oklahoma has one of those offenses we seem to be talkin' bout a lot this off season, but they actually go under center on occasion **See Texas Tech vid...but what really shines imo: How tall Jones stands in the pocket, his composure, & his deep ball.

The game he seemed to struggle this year was actually when he was playing Von Miller & Co.

Edited by Beach, 24 April 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#18 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

cam newton then andrew luck....convert luck to jesus christ and cam to muhammed :)

#19 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

What has Barkley said to make everyone hate him? I read something about him trash talking Notre Dame or something. Can't find anything else.

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

I watched the Landry video of the game vs Texas Tech, and while his arm is impressive, he only made 1 read that entire game: the pass in the 3rd quarter that made the score 38-7. Every single other pass he was locked on to his receiver from the snap (or the only receivers he looked at were in the same field of view). He looked good but he showed nothing about being able to make reads, which is the biggest knock on Cam this year. Maybe he showed more in other games, I only watched the one.

#21 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

What has Barkley said to make everyone hate him? I read something about him trash talking Notre Dame or something. Can't find anything else.

I think it's his gay little song and dance routine he does before games.

#22 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

AJ GREEN and ANDREW LUCK.

#23 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

I think it's his gay little song and dance routine he does before games.

Fug my stupid trackpad....I absolutely didn't mean to pie you actually I was planning on ripping you for ripping the guy for being religious.....Barkley has done a ton of charity work because of his religion and has helped make a difference in a lot of peoples lives. That combined with his on field abilities would make me more then happy to call him a Panther....

#24 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Matt comes off as a more talented version of The Golden Calf of Bristol. I don't think he acts cocky or entitled like Clausen/Lienart at all. The dude is a model citizen who also happens to have amazing skills at playing Quarterback. I GUARANTEE that his stock rises higher than Andrew Luck's next season. Watching his videos he screams franchise QB.

#25 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Matt comes off as a more talented version of The Golden Calf of Bristol. I don't think he acts cocky or entitled like Clausen/Lienart at all. The dude is a model citizen who also happens to have amazing skills at playing Quarterback. I GUARANTEE that his stock rises higher than Andrew Luck's next season. Watching his videos he screams franchise QB.

Ditto I'm not really sure where people get the entitled thing from. He's anything but that, he's one of the most humble people on a national stage you will ever see. If the kid was entitled I doubt he would spend a month during his Christmas break living in a shack in Nigeria helping rebuild a water tower and teaching children not only football but how to read and write as well....smh at people who rip a kid that they know nothing about....

#26 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

Ditto I'm not really sure where people get the entitled thing from. He's anything but that, he's one of the most humble people on a national stage you will ever see. If the kid was entitled I doubt he would spend a month during his Christmas break living in a shack in Nigeria helping rebuild a water tower and teaching children not only football but how to read and write as well....smh at people who rip a kid that they know nothing about....

Sold on Barkley, Pleaseee let us take him next year lol over Cam this year.

#27 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

Ok lets say that Barkley is a saint and I am misjudging him based on a single interview I saw where he seemed to be ducking his own poor play in the loss to Oregon. (everyone has a bad day so it's possible)

He was still beaten clean when he went toe to toe with someone who is probably the consensus 4th ranked QB in this "poor QB class".

#28 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

Ok lets say that Barkley is a saint and I am misjudging him based on a single interview I saw where he seemed to be ducking his own poor play in the loss to Oregon. (everyone has a bad day so it's possible)

He was still beaten clean when he went toe to toe with someone who is probably the consensus 4th ranked QB in this "poor QB class".

Did you see SC's defense last year???

#29 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

This may not be completely related but just something that I thought of considering this QB class:

The top-3 (Gabbert, Newton & Mallet) are not as strong compared to other years and the middle of the pack (Locker, Ponder, Stanzi, Dalton, Tyrod, Kaep) are better than the usual mid-tier QBs we see. That's one reason why this draft is so weird to handle from our standpoint imo.

#30 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

This may not be completely related but just something that I thought of considering this QB class:

The top-3 (Gabbert, Newton & Mallet) are not as strong compared to other years and the middle of the pack (Locker, Ponder, Stanzi, Dalton, Tyrod, Kaep) are better than the usual mid-tier QBs we see. That's one reason why this draft is so weird to handle from our standpoint imo.

Yep, my top 3 QBS are Gabbert, Locker and Dalton....Gabbert and Locker are almost even as far as I'm concerned with Dalton being right on their heels....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com