Photo
- - - - -

What would be the best possible combination of picks for 11/12?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#37 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

I'm not ripping on him for being religious, I'M religious. I'm ripping on him for his gay little pre-game ritual. I'm sure he's a great kid, I'm not trying to take anything away from his personality, it was just a joke about his little song and dance routine. It's lame. Has nothing to do with religion.

You must not have been to many churches because every time I go to one theres tons of people doing exactly what he was going right there. I commend him for having the balls to show his Faith in public like that. I guess every guy who goes to church and gets all silly with Jesus is gay though?

#38 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

I didn't say he was gay, I said his ritual is gay (the South Park kinda gay, not the homosexual kind). Showing faith in public is fine, I never had any problem with The Golden Calf of Bristol's outspoken ways.

I've been to plenty of churches of all types. I'm not a "get silly with my religion" type of person. I don't judge people who want to get silly in church with their religion, that's their prerogative. Typically when people "get silly with their religion" in public outside of a congregational environment it's called mentally disturbed.

I know he's listening to gospel while doing his little routine and that's how he gets pumped. In my opinion, it's lame. I'm not saying gospel is lame, religion is lame, any of that. Standing outside the stadium listening to inspirational music shaking his ass all over the place while singing is a lame way to get pumped in my opinion. Saying a prayer before the game is commendable and frankly a damn good idea. Doing it in such a flamboyant way isn't necessary.

What I think about his ritual has nothing to do with its religious connection, regardless of the fact that religion is the motivation for it. Comparable example: When I lived overseas as a kid in a Muslim country, I didn't like the chanting going on every four hours. Had nothing to do with the fact that it's a Muslim thing, I just didn't like being woken up at 6 in the damn morning by chanting.

I didn't spit in this kid's face, guys. I'm not calling him a bad person. Calm down. I wouldn't be upset if he were our QB (as long as his skills continue to progress, the youtube I've seen on him isn't as impressive as some others) and I wouldn't hold his little routine against him. I'd still think it was stupid, but it's not something I have strong personal feelings about.

#39 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

Very well said Beach. I think this QB class has more potential than any in the past 10 years. Its just really hard to pick who the top guys are.

I think Cam has the highest potential. I think Dalton is the surest thing. Stanzi is a Darkhorse. Locker could be the next Steve Young in the right system. Tyrod is a smarter version of Vick. Kaep is full of raw talent. Gabbert I didn't see play at all but a lot of guys are really high on him. Ponder reminds me of Matt Ryan in a way. (only watched him play one game)

All of these guys need to be developed though so who knows what will happen.:confused:

My personal favorites in this class are as follows:

1) Andy Dalton - He's my choice to be the star of this class

2) Jake Locker (I know his accuracy is poor, but he is a very strong leader who has a ridiculous amount of mental toughness)

3) Tyrod Taylor

4) Christian Ponder (Doesn't really fit our new offense imo but could thrive in a place like San Fran)

5) Ricky Stanzi

I typically do not buy into the first round QBs as a whole, and this year its the same with Gabbert, Newton, Mallet, and recently I'm growing more distant from Kaepernick.