Photo
- - - - -

Taking the 15th ranked player with the #1 overall pick doesn't make much sense...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

#145 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Because Cam is light years ahead of The Golden Calf of Bristol in both throwing the football and running the football.

Lot of people wouldn't necessarily agree on that opinion.

#146 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

they might not agree with the term "light years".....but Cams' skill set/ability as a passer is significantly better than The Golden Calf of Bristol coming out.

#147 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

Just watch film. It is all there. Cam has a great natural throwing motion upstairs. And his running ability is unlike any we have ever seen at the QB position (or at least different). The Golden Calf of Bristol was a good runner but not great and has a wind up in his throwing motion.

#148 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

Just watch film. It is all there. Cam has a great natural throwing motion upstairs. And his running ability is unlike any we have ever seen at the QB position (or at least different). The Golden Calf of Bristol was a good runner but not great and has a wind up in his throwing motion.

The throwing motion thing is really the only significant difference I see between the two of them. But then, I know you're higher on The Golden Calf of Bristol than I am too.

#149 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

I wouldn't have touched The Golden Calf of Bristol in the first round, and if I had my druthers, I wouldn't touch Newton.

#150 runyon27

runyon27

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

The throwing motion thing is really the only significant difference I see between the two of them. But then, I know you're higher on The Golden Calf of Bristol than I am too.

I agree with your original post about taking the BPA available, there is a lot of pressure to take a QB too. If you over reach for picks you fail more often than succeed. Cam is an over reach at #1. As far as Cam and The Golden Calf of Bristol go, neither to me was a 1st round pick. The Golden Calf of Bristol in my opinion is probably the better passer because he did more of it and Cams combine throwing was god awful. He has a ton of work to do. And there is no way that Cam starts week 1 unless week 1 is in November. We are in a lock out with no play book. He has to learn how to drop back, be far more accurate on the mid range passes, be able to make more than one read, and learn to turn his back to the defense for play action. LOTS of work to do, so dont expect him to line up under center opening day if drafted because he will get his head ripped off.

#151 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Why is John Fox still trolling our board? Don't you have another team to run into the ground with 1970's football? :P

1970's? i wish it was that advanced...I thought we would have leather helmets with no face masks at one point..Pickles running around in a wool sweater!