Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers' Smith has cleared out locker, sui

138 posts in this topic

Posted

Steve Smith is basically Walter Payton to me (and #34 is my favorite player ever), just with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove all the time... and more outspoken...

One of the greatest to ever play, and it will be a sad day when he isn't on my team anymore...

1 person likes this

Posted

On the very day that a judge ruled to lift the lockout?

I think the article said "Prior to the lockout"

Posted

I keep getting this sneaking suspicion that Green is our guy..This adds to that.

Posted

On the very day that a judge ruled to lift the lockout?

pft is reporting that he did this prior to the lockout.

Prior to NFL teams locking out players from their facilities, Panthers WR Steve Smith cleared out his locker of all his personal belongings at Bank of America Stadium, sources told PFW.

Posted

Late

Posted

holy poo I fuging get chills and tear up watching that vid every time... All those years of watching greatness, only to see it eventually be wasted away...

1 person likes this

Posted

He wasn't coming back

Posted

I don't know what to think.

I would struggle if he wasn't a Panther

Posted

I thought the report was from PFW, not PFT.

(going back to look)

Edit: Yeah, it's Pro Football Weekly, not Pro Football Talk, but correct that this happened prior to today.

Posted

holy poo I fuging get chills and tear up watching that vid every time... All those years of watching greatness, only to see it eventually be wasted away...

That's what I'm saying.

He's a guy that just defines passion for the game, if we're worried about Newton being passionate, we should some how get them together for some practices outside the lockout. :D

Posted

He's a guy that just defines passion for the game, if we're worried about Newton being passionate, we should some how get them together for some practices outside the lockout. :D

I thought Smith wasn't really into mentoring young WRs?

Posted

This does not mean AJ Green is a lock. Even if Smith isn't going to be a Panther next season, we can still pick up a top Free Agent WR and draft Newton. The FA class for QB is very thin, same goes for the draft class of QBs. If we want a QB we got to pick from the top.