136 replies to this topic

#16 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

I could see him cleaning out his locker and suite IN THE EVENT that he's not satisfied with the way things are this season, but it's not necessarily a guarantee that he's gone.

It would be much more awkward to have to come back in and clean all of that out if he decides he's not satisfied and demands a trade.

#17 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

Glad I finally got his autograph last year.

LOL, I finally got a picture with him last year...

#18 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

At least we know who we're drafting now.

Cam Newton, WR, University of Auburn

While Newton lacks the experience and pro readiness you would want from a #1 WR, his ceiling is sky high. At 6'5" tall and 255 lbs, Newton has the ability to manhandle corners at the line of scrimmage and out jump any safety on those 50/50 balls. His footwork on routes could use work. Mostly saw him run streaks in college. Had an unusually high number of touchdowns per his receptions, must consider the system he played in at Auburn. Consistently showed the ability to go get the ball at it's highest point.

Complete Boom or Bust. Could be next D Jarrett or A Johnson

#19 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Is it a stretch to attribute this to JR's 'super-smart businessman' move he made last year clearing out the vets and going young, and more importantly, cheap?

Seems like no one wants to stay in Carolina, Peppers wanted to leave, Smith wants to, DeAngelo wants to test the market and is open about being (before the lockout) courted by the Dolphins.

As much as many of you want to praise JR for his business acumen, this franchise is in a mess, as is the league, and it doesn't seem like the best business practices got us here, unless of course you count short-term benefits of lining his own pockets with extra assets.

#20 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

seeya smitty we had some good times.

#21 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

If he's out I want him to go NE or GB so he can show the NFL a piece of his mind.

I would totally support that. I'd just like everyone who's always hated the guy to see what I personally believe he is capable of. He's a polarizing figure for sure, but he's OUR polarizing figure, and he's one of a very tiny number of players that attracts attention (and possibly success) to our franchise.

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

Is today officially recognized as "National Holy $@%# Day" or something? :sosp:

There's nothing about it on my calendar, but crazy stuff keeps happening :(

Edited by Mr Scot, 25 April 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#23 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

ABSOLUTELY HATE TO SEE HIM GO...but.... NE is gonna have to pay up. Can you say 2 1st rounders this year and 1 second rounder!?

#24 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

If he's out I want him to go NE or GB so he can show the NFL a piece of his mind.

If anybody in the league deserves a ring it's Smitty...

#25 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

ABSOLUTELY HATE TO SEE HIM GO...but.... NE is gonna have to pay up. Can you say 2 1st rounders this year and 1 second rounder!?

We'll get nothing more than a 3rd, if that

#26 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

We'll get nothing more than a 3rd, if that

I know why you say that... and I'm not calling you crazy, because I respect you, but that is

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!!

#27 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Is it a stretch to attribute this to JR's 'super-smart businessman' move he made last year clearing out the vets and going young, and more importantly, cheap?

Seems like no one wants to stay in Carolina, Peppers wanted to leave, Smith wants to, DeAngelo wants to test the market and is open about being (before the lockout) courted by the Dolphins.

As much as many of you want to praise JR for his business acumen, this franchise is in a mess, as is the league, and it doesn't seem like the best business practices got us here, unless of course you count short-term benefits of lining his own pockets with extra assets.

The writing is on the wall. We are probably going defense or WR in the draft and looking for a band aid QB. I'd bail to If I were a good player. Who wants to spend most of their career on a bad team?

#28 FuzzyDuck13

FuzzyDuck13

• HUDDLER
  • 2,033 posts

I know why you say that... and I'm not calling you crazy, because I respect you, but that is

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!!

Hurney/Belichick trades tend to be that way

#29 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

I just feel like, if we lose Smitty, we lose a chunk of our heart and face as a franchise.

Some of you undervalue him, as other may over value him, but no one can deny his passion for the game.

Everyone nervous about Newton being comfortable making millions, and not having passion for the game SHOULD NOT also be someone supporting Smitty's departure. Smith is passion, bottled into a 5'9'' frame.

I defy anyone to watch this video over again and not feel a little remorse about thinking him in another team's jersey.

http://www.nfl.com/v...sionate-Panther

#30 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

It's not exactly what we'd like to get for Steven but we don't really have many options unless we convince him to stay and he gets traded mid season to a desperate contender (oxymoron?)

The market just isn't there for aging WRs with attitude problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com