A.J Green anyone?

#17 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,315 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

...and it turns out that Ron Rivera had a hand in the decision, will it affect your opinion of Rivera as head coach of the Panthers?

If so, how?

Nope. Smitty has acted like a bitch the past couple of seasons. I can understand Rivera not wanting him on the team.

#18 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

In fairness, don't you think a lot of Denver fans expressed similar confidence in Josh McDaniels when he shipped Jay Cutler out?

I completely agree, but I don't think that Cutler was as beloved in Denver as Smitty is loved in Carolina..so that either says a lot about our blind loyalty or our intelligence

#19 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

Agreed with TRD:eek: get him help unlike y'all did throughout his career instead of losing him for nothing.

#20 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

In fairness, don't you think a lot of Denver fans expressed similar confidence in Josh McDaniels when he shipped Jay Cutler out?

McDaniels came into Denver and created a lot of fuss.....a lot of fuss. McDaniels lost Marshall and Cutler....a great and pretty good player in their primes.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

Steve Smith is our best WR and very productive.

You aren't a good franchise if you let all of your best players walk for peanuts in return.

we had 3 rookie WRs last year as his competition....and as the lone vet he has nothing to do with aiding any of them in their game. Being the best WR in that scenario doesn't mean much.....

#22 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

It's pretty simple. If he wins he is a good coach, if he fails to produce he is bad.

#23 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

If Smith is sent packing it'll be his own doing. You don't get rid of a player as talented as that unless they force your hand.

#24 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Nope. Smitty has acted like a bitch the past couple of seasons. I can understand Rivera not wanting him on the team.

False.

Agreed with TRD:eek: get him help unlike y'all did throughout his career instead of losing him for nothing.

We have different opinions on what help is.

we had 3 rookie WRs last year as his competition....and as the lone vet he has nothing to do with aiding any of them in their game. Being the best WR in that scenario doesn't mean much.....

1. His job is not to coach, his job is to play.
2. Being the only currently respectable WR on our team means you don't give him away for a handy J in the parking lot.
3. When he has nearly anyone but Jimmy at QB, he's a 10 TD, 1200 Yard receiver, conservatively. I'd take that any day from someone out of their prime.

#25 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,245 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

I wouldn't put him in the McDaniels and Shanahan category. They think they know better than anyone else. I don't see Ron as that kind of coach.

#26 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

I will lose respect for Rivera if he sends Smitty packing against Smitty's wishes.

If they have communicated their current view of the team and the direction they intend on going, and Smitty wants to leave. Then they have split under the best possible terms.

Regardless, Smitty has had the biggest impact of any player ever in Panther history and if we happen to move him, I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands (outside of the NFC South).

FWIW, I will be wearing my Smitty jersey for the draft as it may be my last opportunity.

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,858 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

I wouldn't put him in the McDaniels and Shanahan category. They think they know better than anyone else. I don't see Ron as that kind of coach.

I don't put Rivera in the "know it all" category.

I do, however, see him as having the "my way or the highway" mindset.

#28 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

1. His job is not to coach, his job is to play.
2. Being the only currently respectable WR on our team means you don't give him away for a handy J in the parking lot.
3. When he has nearly anyone but Jimmy at QB, he's a 10 TD, 1200 Yard receiver, conservatively. I'd take that any day from someone out of their prime.

1 -Team sport. Requires team players if you want to be successful as a team.

2 - You can look at the top 5 most productives WR of all time and there comes a time when the majority simply ain't worth keeping around for one reason or another........

3 - Smitty has only hit double digit TDs one time in his 10 yr career.

Edited by CRA, 25 April 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#29 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

1 -Team sport. Requires team players if you want to be successful as a team.

2 - You can look at the top 5 greatest WR of all time (who most consider).....and there comes a time when the majority simply ain't worth keeping around for one reason or another........

3 - Smitty has only hit double digit TDs one time in his 10 yr career.

1. The sport doesn't require players to coach, this isn't intramural softball or Michael Jordan's dirty fantasy.
2. You can look at our roster and see there simply isn't anyone worth covering after Smith.
3. He hasn't had Moore for a full season

#30 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

We have to get rid of our good WRs so we provide every opportunity for Cam to fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.