that painting captures the insane behind the eyes so well

#49 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

at this point, he would be the best option to me... He could increase the likelihood that I'd vote for him if he picked Ventura...

don't get me wrong, I'm all for voting for Obama again if the need arises (ie. a general feeling that a vote for an independent (should Paul seek that category) will actually increase the chance that a Republican will win), but if I feel Paul has a legit shot, I'd vote for him...

I can overlook some of the things in his past with the consistency of his current views...

I don't want any leaders, actually... but that ain't gonna happen any time soon... might as well vote for who I think will do things more closely to the things I want...

#50 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

Ron has a very misguided view of US history.

As for Social Security, "we didn't have it until 1935," Paul says. "I mean, do you read stories about how many people were laying in the streets and dying and didn't have medical treatment? . . . Prices were low and the country was productive and families took care of themselves and churches built hospitals and there was no starvation."

("Where to begin with this one?" asks Michael Katz, a historian of poverty at the University of Pennsylvania who has studied charity case records from the early 20th century. "The stories just break your heart, the kind of suffering that people endured. . . . Stories of families that had literally no cash and had to kind of beg to get the most minimal forms of food, who lived in tiny, little rooms that were ill-heated and ill-ventilated, who were sick all the time, who had meager clothing . . .")

He must not have taken any history classes while attending college at Gettysburg and Duke.

#51 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

that painting captures the insane behind the eyes so well

exactly! the "crazy cat lady" eyes and smile are perfect

#52 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

Nobody can relate to me better than a dude who was my age in the 1950s. He's gonna be right on top of all the issues I face.

Some of us care more about endless war and monetary policy than social issues. Obama is hardly a champion of civil rights anyway. Ron Paul could easily be argued as vastly superior in that arena.

#53 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

Some of us care more about endless war and monetary policy than social issues. Obama is hardly a champion of civil rights anyway. Ron Paul could easily be argued as vastly superior in that arena.

Well I bet RP thinks the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional-which it is. But RP would never sign into legislation a racially directed law. So in that regard, he is more of a champion of civil rights than Obama. Neither is a slouch in that regard though.

People do need to realize that Obama has extended the Patriot Act- an act that liberals (rightfully so) lambasted Bush over constantly.

#54 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,445 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

Some portions of the PATRIOT act.

#55 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

Well I bet RP thinks the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional-which it is. But RP would never sign into legislation a racially directed law. So in that regard, he is more of a champion of civil rights than Obama. Neither is a slouch in that regard though.

People do need to realize that Obama has extended the Patriot Act- an act that liberals (rightfully so) lambasted Bush over constantly.

Oh I realize it :)

I'll debate Obama vs Ron Paul for those that still believe that Obama isn't a puppet, but for me personally, it is obvious he just does what he is told.

#56 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

Idiots like this are what will kill Paul:

http://thesteadycons...-voting-record/

I would like to see him get the nomination in a way - he's not going to get it, and if he did he would not win, but at least he could have a more national audience to air his views both good and bad. I am all for rational discussion of the things Paul appears to be interested in.

#57 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

Idiots like this are what will kill Paul:

http://thesteadycons...-voting-record/

I would like to see him get the nomination in a way - he's not going to get it, and if he did he would not win, but at least he could have a more national audience to air his views both good and bad. I am all for rational discussion of the things Paul appears to be interested in.

Nah. Only thing hurting him is Fox News and Limbaugh et al hating him b/c he doesn't want eternal war like Bush and Obama. Slowly people are waking up. It's all a process.

#58 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,845 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

Ron's got to be loaded right now. He was heavily invested in gold before it was cool to do so.

The benefit of foresight.

#59 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Ron's got to be loaded right now. He was heavily invested in gold before it was cool to do so.

The benefit of foresight.

Yeah.. I mean really, is there any foreseeable future where gold and silver go down? That we will decrease the money supply? I know silver dropped after Y2K and sometime in the Reagan years but don't see how that's a possibility now. Anywho.

#60 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Nah. Only thing hurting him is Fox News and Limbaugh et al hating him b/c he doesn't want eternal war like Bush and Obama. Slowly people are waking up. It's all a process.

Are you seriously blaming anything bad that happens to him politically on the "conservative media elite"?

Wow maybe there isn't much difference between Palin and Paul supporters after all....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com