Fox should..

http://www.fairfaxun...lename=stfu.gif

#62 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

After letting this all stew for a couple months, I think the Panthers pick Dareus....and I would agree with that pick..Fox summed it up

#63 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

Fox's big board

1-100: Every RB, DL, LB prospect
100-: Everyone else

#64 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Fox should..

http://www.fairfaxun...lename=stfu.gif

So.....people aren't allow to talk at all or express their honest opinion?? I thought we have what is called "Freedom of Speech" in the US. Shame some people can be kinda mean & tell people to STFU just because they don't agree with them or whatever. Guess Freedom of Speech only apply to anyone we agree or whatever. :redface:

#65 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

So.....people aren't allow to talk at all or express their honest opinion?? I thought we have what is called "Freedom of Speech" in the US. Shame some people can be kinda mean & tell people to STFU just because they don't agree with them or whatever. Guess Freedom of Speech only apply to anyone we agree or whatever. :redface:

At least this is a little more polite :lol:
Posted Image

#66 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

This is the "INTERNET" and telling someone to STFU is Freedom of Speech.

#67 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:41 AM

Unless teeray is a government official that is going to have Fox arrested, you guess right.

In fact, there are several situations in which I can silence Fox, or pretty much anyone else just because I don't like what they say.

Also they could do the same to me. If Zod or the mods decide to they can ban any one (or all) of us just because they don't like what we have to say, & the courts would support them for the most part.

#68 RHCPanther

RHCPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

Given the amount of time and money spent on collecting data on the quarterbacks and analyzing them inside out, nobody can reasonably believe all this is simply smokescreen. Stating the obvious here but they are serious about taking a good look at the quarterbacks in the draft.

Now, does that mean that QB was always favorite to go #1? Perhaps. I can think of another possibility - they felt all along that QB was a huge reach at #1 in this draft. Fox probably knows better than anyone that Hurney hates to reach for players at the top of the draft. With QBs being particularly difficult to project, it would be even more difficult to buy into the player.

My guess is that Hurney and friends decided that they are going research QBs so thoroughly that they would have reasonable justification for passing on them. Iif they did not have reasonable justification for passing on one of the QBs, they would take him at #1.

And John Fox is probably thinks that Hurney probably has found enough justification to pass on guys like Newton and Gabbert.

#69 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

Just saw it on NFL Network. He said, "I know Hurney, and I am not sold he will take Cam Newton. I think they will take Dareus". This would explain why the Broncos are looking for trade down options.. they don't think Dareus will be on the board. Anyways, thought that was interesting to hear Fox's take.

Fox is more knowledgable about our team needs than anyone.

#1 need solved: new HC

#70 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

Sounds like Fox hasn't realized we're not playing Foxball anymore...

#71 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

So John Fox thinks we won't take Newton and you think his opinion is worth something. But Gruden thinks we will take Newton and you think his opinion is worthless despite both having about the same track record as far as QBs go.

I personally think that the opinions of Gruden and Fox are worth the same.....squat.

#72 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

Just saw it on NFL Network. He said, "I know Hurney, and I am not sold he will take Cam Newton. I think they will take Dareus". This would explain why the Broncos are looking for trade down options.. they don't think Dareus will be on the board. Anyways, thought that was interesting to hear Fox's take.

Fox is more knowledgable about our team needs than anyone.

at the same time Carolina did get rid of Fox....

you can't get rid of the coach and keep everything else about the organization the same. Time for Carolina to focus on getting caught up with the rest of the NFL. Offense is what the league is about.......

#73 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

At least this is a little more polite :lol:
Posted Image

Nice is more polite than warm :lol:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic