Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roger Goodell: Football's Future If the Players Win

148 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Roger Goodell has written a column in response to today's ruling.

[url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704132204576285090526726626.html[/url]

(sorry if this has already been posted)
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

This oughtta be good.

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]"Why should there even be a draft?" said player agent Brian Ayrault. "Players should be able to choose who they work for. Markets should determine the value of all contracts. Competitive balance is a fallacy." [/QUOTE]

Did he really just say what I think he said?
Imbecile. Is this really what the players want?
To destroy the game to make sure they get some extra cash in their wallets?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cat'sGrowl']Did he really just say what I think he said?
To destroy the game to make sure they get some extra cash in their wallets?[/QUOTE]

wow, that guy is a fucking dumbass

just replace all the fucking players, what spoiled pieces of shit. the nfl has been on a downswing since the turn of the century...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cat'sGrowl']Did he really just say what I think he said?
To destroy the game to make sure they get some extra cash in their wallets?[/QUOTE]

If that doesn't scare you, listen to this bit on Kessler:
[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/05/pondering-a-future-without-the-nfl-draft/[/url]

Posted · Report post

Actually very good explanation of the worst case scenario,

My hope is that the NFLPA is just using all this as leverage, because if a new CBA isn't reached I think it will ultimately destroy the league.

Posted · Report post

i love watching people that will vote straight ticket republican all their lives argue against deregulating the nfl.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

We're FUGGED!!!! SO much for watching games on Sundays this year... But then again... There are two sides to every story... To be continued....

Oh yeah... we should just take the best kicker with the #1 overall pick in the draft!

Because now it wont FUGGIN matter!!!!

I'm done with this shyit!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fiz']i love watching people that will vote straight ticket republican all their lives argue against deregulating the nfl.[/QUOTE]

it is pretty funny, lol

Posted · Report post

what's that? college players being allowed to [i]choose[/i] where they'll spend the next four to seven years of their lives and whom will employ them if they want to have a lucrative career? having a [i]choice[/i]? this is ridiculous!

meanwhile gotta break up planned parenthood something something something
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[IMG]http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/100/269/list/real%20santa.jpg?1297883235[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fiz']what's that? college players being allowed to [i]choose[/i] where they'll spend the next four to seven years of their lives and whom will employ them if they want to have a lucrative career? having a [i]choice[/i]? this is ridiculous!

meanwhile gotta break up planned parenthood something something something[/QUOTE]

No one is forcing them to enter the draft. If they want to be employed by the league, they should follow the rules of the league.