27 replies to this topic

#1 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:55 AM

http://sports.yahoo....ys_label_042511

Similarly, Razzano was down on former Washington quarterback Jake Locker – until he watched more tape.

“Everybody says he’s inaccurate,” Razzano said as Locker completed an intermediate pass against USC on the TV behind him. “He’s not – he throws a great ball! It’s a low-percentage offense. There’s never anybody open underneath, and he’s got no protection. You can see it if you look closely enough. People are stupid.

“[Brett] Favre went in the second round, right? If you look at their college stats, Favre and Locker are practically identical. Now look at this play: Tell me this guy doesn’t move like Favre, scramble like Favre, throw like Favre. Pretend he has the number four on his jersey. His release is a lot like Favre, too.”

Razzano paused the tape and, from a stack in the corner of the room, pulled out an old, handwritten 49ers draft board to review his and other decision-makers’ grades on Favre. No one in the organization foresaw greatness, but the offensive coordinator at the time was the Southern Mississippi quarterback’s biggest proponent. “[Mike] Holmgren liked him the most,” Razzano said, smiling at the revelation. If this were a movie, that would be classified as foreshadowing.

Actually a good read interesting insite.

#2 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:50 AM

As much as I dislike Rodgers, I'd have to say that he's definitely the "next" Favre. He definitely did his studying of Favre and is a great QB. You guys have no idea how hard that was for me to type.

I will not be surprised if Locker is the most successful in the entire draft class however. I've mentioned in several different posts on this site, that I think he's gonna be the STEAL in this year's draft.

^ I didn't even read the article... I know about Jake Locker... He will be something special!

#3 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

I think Locker could be the best of the bunch as well. He consistently makes plays with little to no pocket to work within. Lots of zip on his passes. He just seems to play at NFL speed already.

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

I'd take Locker in a second.

#5 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:10 AM

If Locker sits behind a veteran QB like McNabb(Washington/Arizona/Minny) then yes, he could be as good as Favre

#6 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

I love what he says about Cam and he is spot on. Wish we had this guy as a scout

#7 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,344 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

the next farve? how about trying to be jake locker first...

#8 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

So he's gonna throw an enormous amount of interceptions and ride a d-lineman's coat tail to a SuperBowl?

Or is he gonna become the egotistical, self-centered, anti-team, married jerk that sends nude pictures to reporters?

#9 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

It seems like a pretty apt comparison.

It's pretty hard not to root for Locker after seeing him in Gruden's QB camp. If we could somehow trade down, I'd be okay with taking him.

#10 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:25 AM

I like what he says about Jurrell Casey. Hopefully we take him with our top pick in the 3rd round.

#11 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,556 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:37 AM

If you read back on this guy he has been more wrong than right. He said Jake Delhomme was going to have a great year with more talent around him. Something he didn't get in Carolina.

#12 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:37 AM

So he's gonna throw an enormous amount of interceptions and ride a d-lineman's coat tail to a SuperBowl?

Or is he gonna become the egotistical, self-centered, anti-team, married jerk that sends nude pictures to reporters?

Yep... I'm sure that he rode Reggie White's coat tails... Rip Reggie!
If Reggie were here he'd pray for you because that's just who he was. Favre and Co. Got him that ring!

Why am I even surprised by your ignorance anymore!?

Anti-team!???? Is that supposed to be a joke?

Egotistical and self-centered!? That's laughable!

The guy only got pulverized for his team 2 yrs in a row and was the consummate team player!

As far the the nude pics... They were sent to a woman... Not a man, which must be so hard for you to comprehend!

Edited by TruCatzFan, 26 April 2011 - 08:39 AM.

#13 paulSM

paulSM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

can someone delete that... I'm just annoyed now. how am I supposed to get work done...

#14 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

Agree that after the dust settles in a couple of years, Locker will probably be the best out of this bunch. As long as he goes to the right system, he will turn some franchise around. I doubt he makes it out of the top 15 on draft day.

#15 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Wouldn't mind picking him at all maybe not with first pick but middle to low 1st round. Respect the fact he stayed and actually got his degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com