• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

....then predict it with Tom Brady as QB. Interested to see the responses.
I say we have the same record with Newton as QB, maybe one more win because he could have scrambled for a couple of those red zone drives we couldn't score. 3-13

With Brady 5-11.

I am sure many will say that Newton needs time to develop so you can't throw him in the first year. I agree 100% but Clausen needed a year or two to develop and so does every rookie. So why is everyone ready to throw him to the wolves after one year? Will Cam at the helm in 2011 make us any better? I agree he will not start after the Clausen experiment, but Cam is a couple year project at best. So what do we do until then?

This is why I think we need to draft Dareus, Green, or PP and get a vet QB and let Clausen rest a year. If Clausen was coming out this year in the draft he would probably be rated as the #1 QB hands down. My whole point is you can't rule any player out after one year and throwing a ton of money at a project with huge upside isn't the direction we need to go. If we grab a vet and stink again this year, we will have a short at a high pick next year when it looks like a better qb class is coming out.

#2 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

0-16

#3 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,557 posts

This argument doesn't really hold any water.

Tom Brady would have a similar record, basically because he doesn't know any of the personnel, the offense, and he's outside of the "well-oiled machine" that is New England.

Great QBs become great with consistency. They become comfortable in a certain system, and then things start to work from there on.

#4 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,406 posts

having an elite QB we would go 11-5 or better.

With Newton 4-12. He will have a huge learning curve.

#5 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

With Newton - 4-12

With Moore + Dareus - 8-8

Clausen + Dareus - 6-10

Gabbert - 6-10

Brady + Dareus - 12-4

Edited by Verge, 26 April 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#6 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

Newton 3-13...i can see that.
Brady 7-9...smitty would have had a great year...people would not have been able to stack the box allowing the running game to do well. But injuries to the o-line would have limited the success of the running game and lack of a dt or much pass rush outside of johnson would have made every game a shoot out.

#7 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

So why is everyone ready to mortgage the farm on Newton when he wouldn't have done any better than Clausen last year? Point is - Clausen wasn't given a fair shake as we all know. Newton seems a lot riskier than Clausen because we will have to pay him a lot more money and he is a lot farther behind as far as the pro language.

#8 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

2-14

#9 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

Neither Newton nor Brady will determine our record by themselves. Football is a team sport, and there's just way too much that's up in the air right now for me to even begin to guess at our record.

#10 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

This argument doesn't really hold any water.

Tom Brady would have a similar record, basically because he doesn't know any of the personnel, the offense, and he's outside of the "well-oiled machine" that is New England.

Great QBs become great with consistency. They become comfortable in a certain system, and then things start to work from there on.

Why is it not fair? 90% of Panther fans are ready to throw Clausen to the wolves and he did not know any of the personnel, the offense, he is outside his well-oiled machine, and lastly he transitioned to the NFL.

#11 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

3-13, pick Andrew Luck #1 and convert Newton into Chud's freak Tight End.

3yrs into Luck we will begin our Superbowl run and become the next Dynasty

#12 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

The way we should be looking at it is ... with Cam or without Cam records

With Cam: 3-13
Without Cam 3-13

I dont see Cam making any difference in our record. what he makes up in our passing game he will lose due to ball secruity (have you seen the way he carries it, NFL defenders will eat that up)

#13 USR1

USR1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

We will go 7-9

#14 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

5-11 and pretty competitive late.

#15 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

Alright play along for my next question. Now erase 2010 from your memory and let's assume Clausen is coming out this year in the 2011 draft and we have the #1 pick. How would Clausen be rated v. the other qb's in the draft?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.