Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Obama an African American?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Unfortunately most tenderbox posters think that africa is a country :)

Posted

Are you saying the Kenyan's are uppity?

Now I just think and Ivory Coaster living in America thinks Ivory Coast...Senegal is Senegalese...so on and so forth

Posted

I honestly thought the use of "African American" was to get away from the use of "black" as a defining description, as opposed to a definition as to whether they had ancestors wrongly brought over on boats to be slaves.

Posted

So, each AA in America should refer to themself as a Senegalan America or Nigerian American or Liberian American or Guinean American. As opposed to using the full continent as a reference.

I see your point. :D

Ahhhh but do you????

I am all for the people using the terminology African American...I was just bringing up discussion points as to its specific use and the context of it.

Posted

Ahhhh but do you????

I am all for the people using the terminology African American...I was just bringing up discussion points as to its specific use and the context of it.

Well, that's it then- you're arguing over semantics

Posted

I honestly thought the use of "African American" was to get away from the use of "black" as a defining description, as opposed to a definition as to whether they had ancestors wrongly brought over on boats to be slaves.

Wont argue with that...

Posted

Well, that's it then- you're arguing over semantics
I could very well be...

I am anti-semantic though

Posted

So you are pretty good with a map....great

now lets see where the slave trade map is...thanks for playing dimz lol

Alan Keyes- Born in a naval hospital on Long Island in New York,[3] Keyes was the fifth child to Allison and Gerthina Keyes, a U.S. Army sergeant and a teacher. Due to his father's tours of duty, the Keyes family traveled frequently. Keyes lived in Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia and overseas in Italy[citation needed].

After graduation from high school, Keyes attended Cornell University, where he was a member of the Cornell University Glee Club and The Hangovers. He studied political philosophy with American philosopher and essayist Allan Bloom and has said that Bloom was the professor who influenced him most in his undergraduate studies

Not taking anything away from Mr. Keyes... it does sound like he really had struggle, deeply emotional and deeply painful, for sure.

Posted

Not taking anything away from Mr. Keyes... it does sound like he really had struggle, deeply emotional and deeply painful, for sure.

Alan Keyes is "chocolate face" from Borat.

Posted

So he's an uppity Uncle Tom and not African American?

Posted

So he's an uppity Uncle Tom and not African American?

Who said that? Not me.

Posted

Who said that? Not me.

well DO tell what you were implying with your sarcastic response after the part of Keys' biography.