228 replies to this topic

#1 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

Couldn't find the Steve Reed source article they referenced, but Rotoworld relayed a report confirming that Smith does want out and would prefer to play for the Chargers or Ravens.

ESPN NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas reports Steve Smith was told in January that the Panthers would "work with him" on a trade if he wants out.

Smith was asked to mull over his future in Carolina and get back to the team's brass. It was made clear that the Panthers will not release Smith or "give him away." The Gaston Gazette's Steve Reed confirms that Smith "does want out," and that his preference is to play for the Chargers or Ravens. If Smith does end up playing with a top-tier QB, he's a good bet to re-join the ranks of the fantasy elite. Any time he's had even an adequate passer, Smith has been one of the most unstoppable receivers in the game.

Link: http://www.rotoworld...386/steve-smith

Edited by CatMan72, 26 April 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#2 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

They're quoting Steve Reed. Trade him to the Chargers along with a pick or picks for Vincent Jackson if true.

#3 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,230 posts
  • LocationNC

smitty might of put up 25 TD's with a rivers in his prime

#4 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,710 posts

Posted Image

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

That sucks dick. We saw it coming. They ought to treat him like the Bengals did Ocho and shut the sh*t down and make him play for us.

#6 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

That sucks dick. We saw it coming. They ought to treat him like the Bengals did Ocho and shut the sh*t down and make him play for us.

I think Smitty would single-handedly dismantle our locker room if we forced him to stay.

#7 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

best of luck to smitty...i think the best we could get is a 3rd

#8 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Can't disagree with this. The value we'd get for Smith would be minimal. A 4th rounder would be generous for a 30(31?) year old receiver with a big contract.

#9 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

I don't want him playing for us if he's going to be unhappy.

#10 PackPanther

PackPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Its too bad, I think he will end up like Jerry Rice and other superstars like him, playing out his last days in some other city where no one will remember him when he is gone. I have a feeling when he leaves and realizes he will never have the love from the fans that he had in Carolina, he will be a little regretful, unless he wins a superbowl, then he will probably retire as that teams player :(

#11 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'll take a 3rd rounder for him straight up.

#12 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

I've heard that he likes Houston (more specifically Andre Johnson) as a destination as well.

#13 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

he's not going to force a trade by making us take a shitty deal, IMO. If we can find a suitor that he likes and that is giving us good value he would like to go.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

I think Smitty would single-handedly dismantle our locker room if we forced him to stay.

He most def has the ability to do that.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, a hot head, volatile player like Smith who likes Clausen probably about as much as he likes chlamydia is a dangerous combo for a first year coach. If Smith has a temper tantrum and Rivera loses the locker room, the chico era in Charlotte could be brief. There are a lot of young guys on our team, and if Chico loses their respect early, it's going to be an up hill battle for him in the long run.

Now is the time for Coach Rivera to slap his dick down in the locker room and let these young guys know that no one is above the team and you are either in, or you're in the way.

It's been real, #89.

I still say trade him to Oakland. At least we could get a first rounder from Al Davis.

Edited by MrTouchdown, 26 April 2011 - 10:15 PM.

#15 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

:(

Hopefully he doesn't rip the organization like Peppers did... I'll miss him. Definitely gave us some of our best Panther memories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com