Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Smith wants out, prefers Chargers or Ravens

229 posts in this topic

Um, he knows his time is running out and we aren't gonna be good. Why is it so hard to understand why he wants to leave? Maybe he's sick of mediocrity.

Only fans can get sick of mediocrity. Our players are just supposed to suck it up and stay here no matter what.

This may have been stated--didn't read 22 pages of posts. Smith wants a ring. Not happening here before he retires. Probably a good time to move him even if he didn't want a trade.

We will pay for last year for some time. DW has already suggested Miami; Will CJohnson be the next to seek elsewhere? Will Kalil pull a Peppers?

All this happening when we might have to start recruiting players to come here? I think JRs plan may have backfired. When the faces of your franchise want out, it is bad.

^^^^^another point made it falls back on the owner.

I would be extremely PO'd if Smitty left Carolina, he's been my favorite player for a long long time now.... :(

Can't disagree with this. The value we'd get for Smith would be minimal. A 4th rounder would be generous for a 30(31?) year old receiver with a big contract.

Yep, once he lets it be known he does not want to play here, his value for the Panthers drops significantly. Those comments have screwed us. Why the hell do the dudes have to go say that in public? He is literally shitting on the Panthers. THanks Smitty!!!

Booooooooo and this sucks....... I think Smitty still has alot in the tank, and will continue to put up #'s for years to come. It was great and exciting to have such an electrifying player on the team.

He'll be 32 by the time the season starts...and he's not a fresh 32 either. Hes a banged up injured 32 and teams will use that to get a cheaper price.

He'll be 32 by the time the season starts...and he's not a fresh 32 either. Hes a banged up injured 32 and teams will use that to get a cheaper price.

Really? A banged up 32 year old player because he had a broken arm twice in the last year and a half? I'm not sure we are on the same page here, if Smith leaves before playing this year we have to draft a superstar WR, meaning AJ Green will be our #1 pick.

Panthers without Smitty is gonna be tough, especially without bringing in some raw talent to replace him.

Really? A banged up 32 year old player because he had a broken arm twice in the last year and a half? I'm not sure we are on the same page here, if Smith leaves before playing this year we have to draft a superstar WR, meaning AJ Green will be our #1 pick.

Panthers without Smitty is gonna be tough, especially without bringing in some raw talent to replace him.

I was saying that from another teams FO perspective. Smiths value to us is way higher than any value we're going to get from any other team because all they see is a player on the wrong side of 30 whose had injury problems in the past (two broken arms, a severe broken leg and I think one other injury I'm forgetting) and an attitude problem. We're just not going to get what he's worth to US from someone one else.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this:

If Carolina does trade receiver Steve Smith, Denver could be a legitimate target. New Denver coach John Fox came from Carolina and he and Smith had a good relationship. He’d probably reunite to get the veteran receiver. Meanwhile Fox, who clearly knows their needs, thinks the Panthers could take a quarterback at No. 1. Still, he's not sure they will. He’d be happy with that. It would give Denver its choice of any defensive player on its board.
- ESPN

Um, he knows his time is running out and we aren't gonna be good. Why is it so hard to understand why he wants to leave? Maybe he's sick of mediocrity.

so he's requesting a trade to the Chargers????

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

You don't DESERVE Bojangles.