#166 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Aj green come on down

Don't we have enough rookie WR??? Maybe we can use this thing called Free Agency and fill some needs. We don't have to draft everything.

#167 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,320 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

Wait people actually WANT Jim Bo Clausen???

It's fans. Every fanbase has its goofballs.

#168 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

I don't know why everyone is questioning the Ravens... haven't Harbaugh and Flacco gotten them into the playoffs the past three seasons?

Housh is a FA. Smitty would be the only speed/deep threat guy.

And to whoever mentioned the Roy Williams thing... Jerry Jones is a fuging idiot. That was the worst, most lopsided trade in awhile. Don't think we can spin a deal like that...

#169 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

I hope he finds success wherever he goes. It's tough, but I can understand why he wants to be traded. He wants another run at a Super Bowl, and he doesn't have much time left. Waiting around for a team to rebuild isn't an option.

I'd much rather he stay... he's right up there on my personal favorites as a player. At the same time, he can be a disruptive force in the locker room. I do not see Rivera putting up with any of Smitty's tirades, and in the end it might end up being for the best if he is gone. He had no interest in helping along the young WRs from what I had read (and assumed from his actions during the season). Smitty probably wants to be on a veteran team. Baltimore is just that, and I think he'd be a great fit there personally. As Baltimore is the other team that I root for, I suppose keeping him within the circle works for me :P

Still... sad face :(

#170 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

I'm torn. As other posters have said, he definitely has the ability to destroy a locker room, especially with Clausen + another QB. He's definitely one of our best though. Oh well, see ya Smitty.

#171 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

i don't want to see him go but from his perspective he probably just sees the writing on the wall and would rather not be part of the youth movement.

#172 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

Damn, I hoped this day would never come. Good luck to Smitty with whatever scenario that plays out.

#173 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

The irony if he goes to Baltimore to play next to Boldin is that most of the people on here were REALLY vocal about wanting Boldin to come here when he was available. Ain't that a bitch?

If anything, he'll end up in SD I think. He's a SoCal guy at heart and Phillip Rivers is an elite QB. Plus he is real big on family and SoCal >>>>> Baltimore to most wives out there I'm sure.

#174 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

I think we all should wait until after the draft is over to see how he feels. If we grab Newton, our offense has the potential to be absolutely sick!! Newton, DWIll, Stew, improved OL with Otah back, Lafell/Gettis/Smith at WR and Shockey/Rosario at TE. Weapons everywhere.

If we dont grab Newton and we stick with Jimmy, I dont blame him for wanting out.

#175 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

Meh, that is the nature of this business. It's rare for players to stay throughout their careers. He has been one heckuva panther and i'll miss seeing him on the field, but I hope he goes elsewhere and does well. Hopefully he goes to an NFC team.

#176 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

I think this is partly why the report last week saying the Panthers/Richardson was in love with AJ Green for #1 pick.

How realistic is Smitty for VJax trade scenario? VJax is younger so I assume they'd make us give something else up. I've figured for the last 3yrs San Diego was ideal for Smith, he being SoCal guy, they having elite QB and fact they give him chance at a superbowl.

Watching Rivers to Smith in a Superbowl game will be tough to swallow.....way to go Hurney/Fox being content with a lousy QB for so long.

#177 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

IF the Panthers were smart enough to atleast realize that when Jake tore his elbow up he was done in the NFL and drafted QB that draft we could have Flacco instead Stewart

#178 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

Don't we have enough rookie WR??? Maybe we can use this thing called Free Agency and fill some needs. We don't have to draft everything.

At this point in time we don't have a single rookie WR.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

#179 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

Fine. Smitty's attitude the last couple years has been crap anyway. If he wants out, let's show him the effing door. I'm sure Beason and Davis will PLANT him in the grass if he tries a crossing route if his new team comes to Charlotte.

I think Smitty is a big reason our receivers haven't developed like everyone else's have. If he wants to leave, good riddance. I hope whoever he goes to goes 1-15.

#180 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,395 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:32 AM

does this mean we can draft AJ green with out a care in the world of what the hell is going to happen with smith?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com